ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car loses all electrical power, slamming door makes it come back

Clio 172
Right bit of a weird one!

Car has done this twice now. I unlock the car, jump in, stick the key in the ignition and stick it to second place. All normal here, all normal lights come on, nothin weird.

Now soon as I turn the key to start it, everything dies, no click, nothing. After that there is no power, simple enough right? Must be a dead battery.

BUT, if u slam the drivers side door, everything comes back on? Obviously until I try to start gain and it dies. Keep doing that and eventually it will start.

Any ideas peeps? I presume something is loose, but don't even know where to start

Something is defiantly loose mate. I would start at the earth strap making sure that's not come loose? Possibly even the battery is old and its on its way out check it with a Volt Meter to check it has Juice (12 - 13V will suffice)

Clio 172
Where abouts is the earth strap mate? Never had to look at it before! I did notice the negative on the gearbox isn't done up/won't do up tight enough, but IIRC wiggling that didn't fix it not cause it! Will test the battery when I'm joe

Thanks!