ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting first time!

350Z GT
Hey everyone :)
Just wondered if anyone had a clue what might be wrong with my clio!
For the past couple of weeks whenever I go to start the car it gives a whining noise when I turn the key, as if it's trying to start but can't. After 2 or 3 key turns it normally does start but has sometimes taken many more attempts.

Am not sure if it's the battery, a sensor of some sort or maybe even something else! Have tried searching but no other posts mention this loud whining kind of noise like mine is having. It's a 1.6 16v if that makes any difference!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

RB FF 182
Not sure about the whining noise... Tried cleaning the TDC sensor?? (Not sure where it is on a 1.6) My 172 failed to start sometimes and this sorted it!

350Z GT
Haven't tried anything yet as don't really have a clue! Just wanted some ideas before I start throwing money away with it!
Have read up and the TDC sensor should be around the gearbox area?

monaco 172
Does it turn over but not fire? If yes then most likely the crank sensor

If it doesn't turn over then it's likely a battery or starter motor issue