ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not starting.

ITB BG 182
Right when i usually go to start the car there is some noise like clicking or even trying to turn over.
But ive tried to jump start, and ive changed the battery. But nothing at all is happening.
I have the AA coming to visit tomorrow and see if they can find the problem.

No lights, no noise not even the radio coming on, its like its not even got a battery, yes there is a new one in there and its properly connected.

Any ideas people?

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
if u've tried jumping with no luck it sounds like, either the wiring loom or fuse box near the engine.

Mine had a similar problem. turns out the fuse box near the engine was flooded! (rain water overnight). Stripped out all the fuses. dried the fuse box and filed the fuses.

did the trick

ITB BG 182
battery is fine though, slapped a tester on it and every thing is fine, put a brand new charger on it and its reading 95% charge in it.

Monaco 172
try the earths too, vodka is inhibiting memory of where they are, but they do exist and maybe causing the problem! if not check the fuses for corrosion and the battery for loost connections! obviously if nothing is light, theres power to nothing so itll not start by bumping it!

ITB BG 182
Right im back on the roads finally, AA man replaced some of the fuses and checked all the earths for me aswell as the connections aswell. Even had the battery in the key fob replaced just incase that is dead.
And the grand total of the cost = Nothing.

Cheers for the advice folks.

Megane Mk4
Sounds like a dodgy starter motor or connection tbh, might need them checking.

**edit, didn't read all the posts after the original.. Glad it's working again..*

Last edited: