ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car not turning over?

Jap Box
Had a problem today with the car not turning over when starting.

Did it once but then started second time round so I thought "Hmmm, just a one off" but it then did it about an hour later but it took 3 attempts to get it started.

I don't think the battery is the problem, someone told me it might be the fuel injectors? They could either be flooding slightly or not letting enough in?

Also been told it might be the spark plugs? Any ideas?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
don't see how fuel injection or spark plugs would stop it from turning over, they'd stop it from starting, but only thing that turns it over is the starter motor.

P.S I know nothing.

Jap Box
Thanks guys, ohhh, one time it started up for about 2/3 seconds then died, that's why someone thought it might be the fuel injectors.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Sounds like your getting turning over and starting confused?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it's not turning over, when you turn the key nothing at all will be happening.

Turning over is the starter motor "turning over" the engine before it starts and can run of it's own accord (this is when you ler go of the ignition key when starting the car)

Yeah i had that problem, i'd check the TDC (top dead center(crank sensor)) which would cause it not to start up. Try cleaning it or replacing it and the wiring to it too.

Jap Box
Don't worry, got it to turn over in the end!

dsc02460s.jpg