ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car parks

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
does any one else find that if they park in car parks they get door dents,or is that just me? im a nervouse wreck!

RB 200 Cup!
i try and avoid public car parks as much as posible or failing that park next to brand new cars like beemers or audis etc rather than next to some beat up pug 205 where the owner will blatantly not give a s**t whos' door they smack in

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
iv tried that,had some nob in a new peugeot dent my little clio. that wasnt funny.

ph1 172
i hate car parks, there is always some idiot who doesnt care, and opens their door into other cars!!

my mate who works in tesco has a black civic, and his driver side wing is a complete mess now!

In my old car some guy slammed his door into mine, while i was still inside! lets just say his car came off worse afterwards.

i had a guy in a pug 106 smack into me when i was in the car!! ...looked like a junkie barstewrd, i got out with the "what the fcuk" face on and he says "iv no got insurance mate!" and started to walk off so i put a size 14 in his passenger door.

still not satified as he didnt seem bothered, put him on the floor aswell.

only down side is i have a criminal record now...:rasp: filthy pr!ck

P

Paul Common 666

I'm also scared of car parks, last two times ive parked in one i gotta 3-4 inch dent in my rear quarter panel, and a scratch down to the plastic on my front arch where some f**ker decided they culdnt be arsed to reverse to miss my car and went into it. t**t :mad:

MK1 monster
i tend to go shopping a bit later and take up 2 parking spaces, yes i know im selfish but im not having the side of my car sprayed again!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
parked in tescos yesterday some dirty p*** in his dirty shitty audi parked next to me when i was inside and he left me a nice f**king dint and a couple marks of chipped paint. couldnt see it as it was raining all dry this morning and its anoyingly obvious. cant f**king belive it proper pissed off to say the least.
mrs complains that i park so far from where were going or if i go right out the way couldnt give a s**t now ill park far from anybody now.

I take about 5mins to find a 'suitable space' :clown: and if i have to i park next to something expensive in the hope they actually give a toss about their car.

LY 200
Lol...I wouldnt say i was a nervous wreck but i am VERY choosy about where i leave my car if you get what i mean!!!

I take about 5mins to find a 'suitable space' :clown: and if i have to i park next to something expensive in the hope they actually give a toss about their car.

Problem with doing this is you often end up parking where no one would want to park.. and no one parks there for a reason...

Could get mugged or such when you come back....

I dont think there is an answer... I do remember watching someone doing it to my mates car in front of us while we were sat outside a pub watching her do it.

He extracted £100 pounds for the privelage...

Doesn't happen like that too often.

Jake

P

Paul Common 666

i don't even use them if i can help it tbh

Yeah you avoid them as much as possible, then when you actually HAVE to use one thats when it just so happens that the t**ts come and park next you and leave a lasting impression!!

if i had a really expensive/mint car, i would probably care, but tbh there is not much you can do to stop it...so i just park where i can!

LY V6 with Recaros
I hate car parks, I always make sure I park on an end space as far over as possible.

Clio 172
I tend to try get the side on spaces where people can only park in front and behind so you cant get the parking dents as my first clio took a battering :(

RenaultSport Clio 182
i had a guy in a pug 106 smack into me when i was in the car!! ...looked like a junkie barstewrd, i got out with the "what the fcuk" face on and he says "iv no got insurance mate!" and started to walk off so i put a size 14 in his passenger door.

still not satified as he didnt seem bothered, put him on the floor aswell.

only down side is i have a criminal record now...:rasp: filthy pr!ck

LOL!!!

visualize whirled pe
I think that part of the problem isnt just general ignorance to other peoples property but the fact that manufacturers use tin foil for body pannels.

My old 70's ford never once picked up a single parking dint because the pannels were about 4mm thick, you can put a dent in a modern car just pressing the bodywork with your thumb.

The way I see it will just get worse with time because manufacturers are making cars bigger all the time and the quality of body pannels seems to be getting cheaper.
White lines in parking spaces are literally a couple of inches eather side of a new car giving f-all room for doors to open even when you've got someone being careful next to you it's not very comforting.
If you go to the states and hire a big f-off 70's Buick Boat tail Riviera you can still glide into a parking space wide enough to land a 747 in and open your doors properly. This country is tightly packed and we dont have the room for nice big car parks so we all end up with dented doors :(

R26
I hate em to be honist. I dont care what space I park has long has its gonna be safe and where no muppet can bang into my car. I normally take 3 spaces up by parking long ways.

Mini Cooper S sport
I always avoid the 4 doors and people carriers because it's usually the kids in the back (or parents putting kids in the back) who slam their door into you.

So far I'm doing ok, but it's just a matter of time til I get another ding!

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
There is no rhyme or reason to it tbh. You avoid the bangers and you get swiped by the guy in the nice new company / hire car he dont care about, you avoid the family cars and you get hit by the guy in the coupe where his doors are too big to actually open in the given space, you park in the quiet bit of the car park and your car gets broken into lol.

2 bays or a car park where you have to trek to where your gong is the way forward......... or a disabled badge :)

Clio 172 mk2
I always avoid the 4 doors and people carriers because it's usually the kids in the back (or parents putting kids in the back) who slam their door into you.

So far I'm doing ok, but it's just a matter of time til I get another ding!

Very true

I've seen this happen....kids just fling the doors open into the next car...parents don't bat an eyelid and walk off to do the shopping:(

Black/Gold 182
just found my first ding yesterday after two years. On the passenger side on the rear (below rear window). I reckon it happened at the golf club. Well p*ssed off.

Any idea how much these ChipsAway types charge?

182 Full Fatt!
Just stick it in the 'cars with kids' sized parking bays!
Not quite as criminal as parking in the Disabled sections but until they do a 'nice car' bay it'll have to do!