ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car probs

Impreza STI v5
could having the battery discnected for over an hour have any affect on the car ie the ecu cos the more i think about it the car has been rinning strange since i had the battery off

Der Panzer
Spoke to Greig and the symptoms are:

At idle the car is running anywhere from 1K to 2K. It fluctuates between the two sometimes sticking at 2K.

Performance on the move is on slightly retarded at lower revs, top end performance seems fine.

Any ideas?

could having the battery discnected for over an hour have any affect on the car ie the ecu cos the more i think about it the car has been rinning strange since i had the battery off
It can do for a bit whislt it stablilises it self again but not very much

If its an idle low rpm running problem I'd get the throttle body checked for dirt/free runing then start looking at lambeba sensor and injectors/plugs

Impreza STI v5
had the throttle body took off and cleaned plugs checked too if it was a lamda sensor would it not fail its mot on emisions as just pasted the other week

If you do disconnect the battery make sure you've got your radio code (if your still running the standard stereo)