ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car pulling to left

my cup slightly pulls to the left when i let go of the wheel! my bro who is a trainee vauxhall mechanic says this is normal on new cars he tests and that it is a safety feature but my dad seems to think its not ment to do it!

What is everyone elses opinion?

Mine also does this too mate, it also pulls to the left when brake.

Im hoping its a tracking problem, so im gonna get it looked at when I get the new shocks fitted.

Quote: Originally posted by t_sheen on 25 November 2003

my cup slightly pulls to the left when i let go of the wheel! my bro who is a trainee vauxhall mechanic says this is normal on new cars he tests and that it is a safety feature but my dad seems to think its not ment to do it!

What is everyone elses opinion?
It must be true then :p

Safety feature my arse!

Could it be the road being uneven? the road is rounded so try and drive in the middle of it (use an empty road BTW). If that stops the pull them you knwo its the roads to blame.

EDD

hi mate..i had this problem..renault have said that what it is basically the cup is a standard clio right...because of the big engine they have to conpensate as the car would pull to the right..they make the cars pull slightly to the left to compensate...sounds like bull but that it what they told me????

Mine pulls too...

Ive had the alignment/tracking checked twice, so I recon its down to road camber. Theres a strip of road close to home which slopes to the right and the car pulls right along this. On bumpy roads it pulls everywhichway, good fun tho!

Cup 172

Remember that the steering geometry and castor angles have been altered over a standard 172, couple this with a natural camber to the left on the road and it might explain it.

Just a suggestion

tight suspension on the left and if the spring isnt fitted properly. tracking is the only real thing but its acceptable for them to pull by 0.1mm

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by aledw on 25 November 2003

Mine pulls too...

Ive had the alignment/tracking checked twice, so I recon its down to road camber. Theres a strip of road close to home which slopes to the right and the car pulls right along this. On bumpy roads it pulls everywhichway, good fun tho!
haha dito

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

they are designed to very slightly go to the left(in the case of driver error so that they will drift towards the kerb rather than into oncoming traffic).most of the time you wont notice it but on some roads with excessive camber you might notice it slightly.If you ever notice a large amount of pull though then theres probably something wrong with it.Glad to hear this time yours is ok though.Happy motoring

just got the motor back from garage, they realigned the tracking and swapped wheels front to back, it seems to have cured it.

Also the knocking is gone from suspension.

they also replaced the window regulators due to the cracking noises i was getting when putting the windows up/down.

All in all excellent, however i was mega pissed off at getting charged £65 for a bloody oil and filter change!!!!