ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car purchase warranty

Clio 197
Got a 3 month waranty from the garage I got my Clio 197 from and tommorow i'm having it looked at because the exhaust is blowing and the suspension is knocking already after only 2 months of having the car.

Only problem is the warranty says it only covers engine and gearbox components, and exhasuts and suspension components are listed under the 'not covered' section.

But someone at work told me that all dealers have to repair the problems if its 6 months after you have bought the car and the problems are things that would fail an MOT.

Anyone know where I stand?

Thanks, Shane.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd say your mate is talking b****cks unfortunately, dealer warranties aren't worth the paper they're printed on. I had a problem with my clio after purchasing (lambda sensor) and I had warranty... but he did everything possible to wriggle out of it and I got nowhere.

2014 Clio 200t edc
There is something that the car has to be safe and fit for purpose and apparently upto 6 months the supplying garage have a duty to fix anything that is dangerous or should be working correctly. I would stand your ground, check with trading standards if you want, they should tell you what to do.