ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car reving at 3-4K whenit is supposed to be idling.

182halfpenny

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, just put a new engine in my car went to turn it on and it will start but won’t stop reving so have to turn it straight off again. Any ideas on where I have gone wrong ? Or what the cause is?.

Thanks
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Could it be the gasket under the inlet manifold? I remember when I changed my inlet manifold and forgot to put the gasket in, the engine revved like f**k when it was started.

Last edited:

182halfpenny

ClioSport Club Member
The breather plate on 172 has a bit sticking up into the manifold however the 182 manifold doesn’t have that slot ? And the breather plates aren’t the same? So the 182 manifold doesn’t sit correctly on the 172 block?.

dan's cast offs.
as long as you've got the 172 upper on it then check it's seated properly, they can feel as though they are but will be sat high at the back, check egg seal and then everything else on the manifold.

182halfpenny

ClioSport Club Member
as long as you've got the 172 upper on it then check it's seated properly, they can feel as though they are but will be sat high at the back, check egg seal and then everything else on the manifold.

Okay I’ll have a look.
aab415718667c8473e5eb8d8367287fc.jpg
where does this connect up to?. I’m thinking I missed that and that could be the problem?.

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 T , Megane
I forgot to put the block connector back on the throttle body under the induction bend and mine did something similar. Started it and jumped immediately to a steady 4000rpm if it's the fbw throttle body you might want to check it's plugged in properly.

182halfpenny

ClioSport Club Member
So I’m now down to 2000 rpm on idle after re sitting and tightening the bolts. Would you suggest there is still an air leak on the intake side or am I missing something??.