ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Rigs?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
No idea on earth how I'm going to transport a 10ft pole in a Clio, but hey ho.

You should cut it in half, then get a piece of pipe that has a slightly wider diameter, you can then use the wider piece as a sleeve that the two smaller ends go in to and then lock/clamp together some how... if you know what i mean.

You should cut it in half, then get a piece of pipe that has a slightly wider diameter, you can then use the wider piece as a sleeve that the two smaller ends go in to and then lock/clamp together some how... if you know what i mean.

I've got two 6ft pieces coming as well, so I'd be able to do that fairly easy TBH. Good thinking batman.

Pics. WOuldn't trust it for Video.

6946460381_9ac7433db0_z.jpg

IMG_4649 by feirny, on Flickr

6946460199_39664c01a7_z.jpg

IMG_4648 by feirny, on Flickr

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
You taking pics or video?

I really need to have another attempt at video.

I still need to make a gliderail, then I'll do another vid. Might even do one for CSS this year.

Fiesta ST-3
So you have two suction mounts holding the small bar that runs over the large pole, then a further clamp/suction mount actually holding the bar to the car?

For now, yes. I'll be getting some more clamps for the 2 other suction mounts, then I'll be able to control the height a little better.

Fiesta ST-3
Sorry for all the questions mate. Could you get some close ups of the mounts and clamps? Just so i know what I'm looking for when I purchase them. Again sorry for all the grief.

Sorry for all the questions mate. Could you get some close ups of the mounts and clamps? Just so i know what I'm looking for when I purchase them. Again sorry for all the grief.

Tagged you on FB mate, I'll get a shot later of it all in situ.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I like the editing part more than anything else.

I need FCP.

Editing's what I was always best at. Not done it in years properly though, plus my laptop doesn't run Premiere Pro well. Aquired a copy of Premire Elements the other week which isn't too bad, not had aproper play yet though!

Fiesta ST-3
Ok so after pestering Greg for a bit of info I also did a bit of research on TalkPhotography and it returned two excellent threads. Happy viewing.

There a few people that make their own and it's very cost effective.
The bases are a big pole. Aerial poles work quite well.
3 x superclamps
2 x suction cups
a magic arm and then a wire to help support it.

Lots more info in these threads

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=323196
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/for...d.php?t=374627

As above really, mine needs a little tweaking, and some wire to stabilise it. Thought I'm pretty much there, and works well.

6947361425_b65f02ff2f_z.jpg

IMG_4720 by feirny, on Flickr

Ignore this one really, as I'm getting more clamps to use instead of this, but works for now.

6947361791_3b69245221_z.jpg

IMG_4721 by feirny, on Flickr

And an out take I like.

6947361935_962f74547e_z.jpg

IMG_4725 by feirny, on Flickr