ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car seems abit lumpy on idle?

on idle my car seems abit lumpy... it runs nice and smooth then suddenly it will run lumpy for a second or 2 then back smooth and so on... almost as if its miss firing?..... what would cause this? coil pack?

Clio 197 RB
To be honest I think they all do it. Mine does exactly how you describe. My gear stick vibrates as well.

172 cup
i have only had my car a few days but does the same, so did the three other i test drove. i was told it was just the cams are a bit lumpy?

Clio 197 RB
I think because they are sportier engines they behave like this.
My R26 used to do it as well.
Im sure some of the mechanic guys would be able to shed some light.
But when I took mine to 519 Automotive, they didn't say anything about the lumpy idle.

225 meg
Mines has done this since i bought almost a year ago so went on and changed the spark plugs and fitted a new coil pack and was still running lumpy :( does really affect the preformance of the car so keeps me happy :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just be sure it's not too lumpy or lifeless especially when cold as a faulty upstream H02 sensor is often considered "normal" when in truth it's anything but and they only have a lifespan of around 50k before they should be changed.

Mick