ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car sound system

hi peeps

I am thinking of getting a sound system for my new clio 182.

I dont know much about subs amps 6x9 etc

can you give me some advice about what headunit to buy what sub and what amp.

I was thinking of getting a alpine h/u and i have seen 6x9s in halfords which are 330w for £70

i have seen a amp on bassjunkies.com which has 1200w

my mate said he will give me one of his subs cause he doesnt want it.

what sort of power outputs should i be looking for? amp? sub? h/u?

thanks

no no no no no get 6x9s and i will shoot you dont just go on power you will only regret it by getting crap kit. alpine hu is good starting point tho

A slow one :-(

This is what id do. If you dont have the money save up or build the system up gradualy.

HU - £250-300
Front comps/Co-ax ( im going for Co-ax as i cant be arsed with mounting the tweeters. Im going for some JL ones. £120 of caraudiodirect.com) But spend a min of 100 quid on them. Sound proof the doors at the same time for better bass response and to stop them rattles.
Disconnect the rear speakers.
Sub - Hmm depends go for your mates. Make sure you get a descent enclosure and see what it sounds like. You can always upgrade a later date.
Amp- Get a 4Ch amp. Run the Fronts of it and bridge the other 2 Ch for the sub. (probs best to spend about £250+) Id look at soundproofing the boot as well.
Cables- dont piss about and buy the cheapest things. Try and budget roughly 10% of the system on wiring.

If you wanna do it on a budget, my boyf got the Sony Xplod 6x9s and 8" sub (built in amp) all for about £250 and it is amazing, didnt think itd be that good! Just an idea as something to start you off?!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Eddieb on 23 May 2004

This is what id do. If you dont have the money save up or build the system up gradualy.

HU - £250-300
Front comps/Co-ax ( im going for Co-ax as i cant be arsed with mounting the tweeters. Im going for some JL ones. £120 of caraudiodirect.com) But spend a min of 100 quid on them. Sound proof the doors at the same time for better bass response and to stop them rattles.
Disconnect the rear speakers.
Sub - Hmm depends go for your mates. Make sure you get a descent enclosure and see what it sounds like. You can always upgrade a later date.
Amp- Get a 4Ch amp. Run the Fronts of it and bridge the other 2 Ch for the sub. (probs best to spend about £250+) Id look at soundproofing the boot as well.
Cables- dont piss about and buy the cheapest things. Try and budget roughly 10% of the system on wiring.
completely agree

thiough id go for a stereo amp for the front comps and a class d amp for the sub

job can be done just as well using single amp keeping cabling cost down aswell..

if you wanna leave the rears in you can cap them off so no bass goes to them reducing distortion at high levels..

if you can stretch something like genesis profile 4 will probably go under a seat to save boot space and give added security..

paul

not wanting to sound funny.. go buy some caps.. just connect them inline on your original speaker cable that feeds the rear speakers and it filters all the bass out of them.. go into any respectable car audio shop and tell them you wanna cap off your rear speakers and they will give you a pair.. about £5 each

paul

A slow one :-(

Could go for 2 amps! But then at a guess (from experience with french cars) youd maybe have to start looking at running a split charge system, a Capacitor and bigger alternator! I supose im looking at it from an SPL point of view!