ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car sounds like subaru on start up?

Titanium 182
hi guys

started my car this morning to find it sounds like a subaru .
exhaust emissions light flashing at me and very rough idle and drive
am i right in thinking it could be the lambda sensor?

weird thing is thoughafter driving it and the engine gets warm it stops doing it and is normal again until i start it up again when the engine is cold?

will prob get the AA out in the morning see if they can confirm/fix
as i cannot get through to my renault mechanic mate

thanks

Titanium 182
i think i had this done a little while back if i remember rightly but this time its alot different . would this be done under warranty?

thanks

Clio 172 ph2
are u sure its not one of the HT leads arching out. mine did this, i wrapped some electrical tape around the leads and it stopped until i got some new ones.

Clio Sport 172
mine did this at one point in the end it was down to the exhaust blowing that made it sound really really loud "like a subaru" lol

Titanium 182
just had the AA round and he said one of my HT leads is nackered . he wrapped it up with tape witch worked for about 1 mins. just waiting for renault to ring me back to get it booked in .

it is an 05 plate so i am still just in warranty and hopefuly it is covered for this.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
If HT leads are faulty, just got to Eurocarparks etc and buy a full set. Pretty cheap as they are under £20 for full set, may save you money in the long run as HT leads i believe are consumables.

Titanium 182
got to renault at about 4 today and my car was looked at and repaired by 5 all under warranty too