ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car stalling from cold?

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Whenever i start my car when the engines been cold it either stalls if i give it no throttle or it only just manages to contain itself. It's been doing it for a while and it done it again today when temp was 20 degrees. I've checked the oil its half full, waters at max mark and it has half a tank of fuel im not quite sure why its happening? It's due for a service with the airbag light on? That's normal right? I'm going to do a service when i get paid.

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Maybe throttle body need cleaning?

Plugs ok?

Lamda sensor ok?

Just throwing out ideas, in reality i know sod all
How do you clean out the throttle body then? I changed plugs a few months ago so i know they are fine, how do you check lamda sensor do you know?

Not sure, think there's afew posts about it on here

You can see the sensor if you look behind your engine block, it bolts into the exhaust just before it goes under the car. I had mine replaced as it was playing up, but it might just need a clean

Clio 1.2 Extreme.
Not sure, think there's afew posts about it on here

You can see the sensor if you look behind your engine block, it bolts into the exhaust just before it goes under the car. I had mine replaced as it was playing up, but it might just need a clean
I'll have a look and see if i can spot it!