ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car still been looked at

172 with k-tec sound
well rung perrys this morning to see wat was happening to my car they are saying it looks like the tension has broke which as caused my timing belt to silp so they now need to way up the best solution either repaire enging thats in or replace it

Black 197
My 182 cambelt snapped with 18k on the clock, was covered under warranty and got a brand new engine not just rebuild... Reciept shows £3,187 for lump and labour... glad i didnt have to pay, took 6 weeks from detonation to getting car back though.

Good luck

172 with k-tec sound
My 182 cambelt snapped with 18k on the clock, was covered under warranty and got a brand new engine not just rebuild... Reciept shows £3,187 for lump and labour... glad i didnt have to pay, took 6 weeks from detonation to getting car back though.

Good luck
mine has 12mth extended unlimited warranty platinum. bloody hell 6 weeks what did they do spend 20mins a day on it lol. i hope they do the same for me as i dont fancy a repair.

172 with k-tec sound
I think it's a case of you've just been very unlucky!

yeah unlucky is bloody right, ive waited 5 yrs plus for one only had it 3 mth feeling pretty sh**te at the mo. got a 900cc peugeot 107 courtesy car at the mo its basic to say the least.:mad:

Black 197
mine has 12mth extended unlimited warranty platinum. bloody hell 6 weeks what did they do spend 20mins a day on it lol. i hope they do the same for me as i dont fancy a repair.

Apparently they were waiting for Renault to ship the lump over plus there was a massive investigation as to why the belt snapped so early... Had RS technicians from france come to look at engine everything or so Renault say... Worst thing was no Courtesy car

172 with k-tec sound
Apparently they were waiting for Renault to ship the lump over plus there was a massive investigation as to why the belt snapped so early... Had RS technicians from france come to look at engine everything or so Renault say... Worst thing was no Courtesy car

yeah i dont suppose they carry them in stock, never heard of a cambelt going so early tho, and a real bummer having no courtesy car to boot.

although ours hasnt snapped its one of the pretensioners thats failed causing the belt to slip. dont know the damage caused yet but they said i will by tomorow.

Black 197
yeah i dont suppose they carry them in stock, never heard of a cambelt going so early tho, and a real bummer having no courtesy car to boot.

although ours hasnt snapped its one of the pretensioners thats failed causing the belt to slip. dont know the damage caused yet but they said i will by tomorow.

Most prob bent the valves andcould have damaged the piston crowns

Black 197
so if they do fit new engine whats the score with insurance, dvla, and will the new one match the chassis number on my car?

All i did mate was when the engine was fitted i was given the new engine serial number and basically wrote that on the V5 document as there is a section for it, I sent it off and recieved a new one with then new Engine number on it, Chassis number not needed iirc and insurance need not know as its the same lump going back in, you'd only have to inform them if you was modding for more power etc.

172 with k-tec sound
All i did mate was when the engine was fitted i was given the new engine serial number and basically wrote that on the V5 document as there is a section for it, I sent it off and recieved a new one with then new Engine number on it, Chassis number not needed iirc and insurance need not know as its the same lump going back in, you'd only have to inform them if you was modding for more power etc.

ok mate thanks, spoke to perrys this morning and they are going to repair the engine, new valves timing belt kit ect.

172 with k-tec sound
my cars getting sorted

hi guys well perrys are not going to put a new engin in my car they are fixing the one thats in with new valves timing belt etc so cant have done alot of damage dont know how lomg it will take any one know ?

Mondeo TDCI 130
because it hasn't been changed when it should have been and / or is faulty!

Edit : How many miles has it done? What year is it? Has it got any history of previous belt changes?

172 with k-tec sound
because it hasn't been changed when it should have been and / or is faulty!

Edit : How many miles has it done? What year is it? Has it got any history of previous belt changes?
all theyv said is its failed so it must be faulty its a 04 plate its done 70k it has no history of belt change they

172 with k-tec sound
all theyv said is its failed so it must be faulty its a 04 plate its done 70k it has no history of belt change they
they are waiting for warranty assesore to come and make sure what macanic is saying is right cos its going to cost over 500 quid they have said they will do valves and timingbelt so they must be going to fix it

172 with k-tec sound
So if its an early 04 its overdue! Have the warranty company said they will pay?
it was a late regasterd one came across from france it was only 5 3 weeks ago they have taken bits off engin said what it is etc on about new valves n timing belt so i think they are they said they would sort it

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Prevention is better than cure tbh. I wouldnt wait 5 years or 72k. I'd change it at 4/50k. (you reading this kev? ) ;)

172 with k-tec sound
I would check, i would be shocked if they pay for it!!
well i have the peugeot approved platinum warranty 12 mths with no milage limit also no claim limit it includes mechanical and electrical breakdown warranty plus mot test warranty so i would have thought they would

172 with k-tec sound
Basicaly yes, Checks what the garage is saying is correct really...
ok cheers mate i hope they arnt ages fixing it it seems like it only needs new valves and a timing belt dosent seem like much other damage was done cos theyv just mentioned thoes 2 things

172 with k-tec sound
garage rung today and the warranty assesore has approved the work so they are waiting for parts and they have said il hopefully have her back on friday:)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Why doesn't my v5 have any info on the engine on it? I have the same issue at the moment, was going to send it off with the new number but the v5 shows no engine code as it is?

Black 197
Why doesn't my v5 have any info on the engine on it? I have the same issue at the moment, was going to send it off with the new number but the v5 shows no engine code as it is?

I cant answer that Daz ?

When i collected my 182 up after the lump replacement they asked me to bring my V5, They filled in the serial number on the V5 and i sent it off, Sure enough it was returned with the new serial number.. I'll have a look at my 197 V5 later and see if i can rememeber the section it was put i

Last edited:
  It's A Reno
garage rung today and the warranty assesore has approved the work so they are waiting for parts and they have said il hopefully have her back on friday:)

Done well there mate, could have been a lot worse.
Happy days are here again. :approve:

172 with k-tec sound
Done well there mate, could have been a lot worse.
Happy days are here again. :approve:
thanx mate yeah i know looks like its just timingbelt and valves just glad its all been done under warranty glad i took it out :D