ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAR STOLEN..HELP NEEDED

looking at what they have previously sold it looks like a wide variety of different car parts, seems a little dodgy. BMW car stereo, couple of tyres, audi a4 bumper etc. Hope this is the stolen car and they get whats coming to them

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Last edited:

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
carnations247
is the ebay username associated with the number.
Known as Direct Source LTD

Sold an ST Asbo: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-FORD...5418586?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item231a51b85a

But direct source limited have this on companies house (registered in hertfordshire too)

Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
46431 - Wholesale of audio tapes, records, CDs and video tapes and the equipment on which these are played

Could all be legit and he's just nicked a photo for an ebay advert. Can't imagine someone being that stupid to use the same mobile number on a stolen motor when they've sold other cars....

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
If he's a genuine seller I'm sure he will get back to me with my email or texts asking about parts :)

Just called him mate - no need to beating around the bush.

"All parts have sold" from a chap with an Asian accent who was rudely awaken by me with an early phone call.

I'd be ringing the police right about NOW.

RS Clio 182
Thanks for doing the digging guys..the police are checking ads and stuff aswell as making other enquiries..nothings come of it yet..

Seems bizarre to waste so much time with the dealer. You'll be able to give good descriptions, probably got CCTV etc.

Hopefully you get it back.

RS Clio 182
You can't guess really..we get all types..even people who are just bored who have nowt better to do than go drive a few nice cars and waste time..they think up allsorts of stories they tell you.company cars going back,looking for a friend,relative, best man's half cousins in laws etc..

Clio RS 200 Gordini
Pretty bad like, the poor guy must have been a bit shaken up. What happened to the Audi the thieves came in ? Suspect this turned out to be stolen too?

Vivaro van
Pretty bad like, the poor guy must have been a bit shaken up. What happened to the Audi the thieves came in ? Suspect this turned out to be stolen too?

+1 cant you find out who the audi belongs to by the reg and giv that info to the police?

RS Clio 182
Just found out it was my pal Joe in the car with em..apparently the drivers been identified and is known..the net closes in..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You can't guess really..we get all types..even people who are just bored who have nowt better to do than go drive a few nice cars and waste time..they think up allsorts of stories they tell you.company cars going back,looking for a friend,relative, best man's half cousins in laws etc..

Lol I just asked if I could stop by for a look at the car... I ended up test driving it and leaving a deposit haha! Damn good salesmen you have :p

Shame to hear about this, hope your mates ok and glad to hear this is coming to a close :)

RS Clio 182
Yeah wed all like to think wer pretty good.lol.was the same place you bought your car from too knuckles..iv got a 10 plate 197 with all the same options as the white one on the forecourt..and a host of other top end cars..Audi A5, BMW 325d and Range Rovers etc.needless to say wer all being very cautious atm..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Wow... Could've got mine for free then :p

But what're yous going to do in the future? Double up on test drives or write this off as a one off?

Is the a separate lot for the high end cars on the website? As I didn't notice them when I was in. Pm if you prefer lol

emc

172 Cup
Wow... Could've got mine for free then :p

But what're yous going to do in the future? Double up on test drives or write this off as a one off?

Is the a separate lot for the high end cars on the website? As I didn't notice them when I was in. Pm if you prefer lol

If it was me, I'd get an old iPhone or something and take it in the car with me for every test drive and slyly slip it under the seat at the start. If someone stole the car, use the phone as a cheap portable tracking device. Obviously it wouldn't be too accurate, but it wouldn't have to be.

Last edited:
  Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Might be a good idea to fit trackers etc. At my old place we used to put so little petrol in the cars, even if they was stolen you'd only get few miles, even though you could easily get more I suppose haha, although that would add to more CCTV if a petrol station was used.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I always thought it was standard practice to show your driving license when wanting a test drive?

So your mate Joe was one of the theives?

RS Clio 182
Joes the sales controller.lol.The other guys were busy so he looked after them..I spose there is a flaw in the policy for test drives..our test drive form has a disclaimer at the bottom saying the details are correct and the driver accepts liability for any claims or convictions incurred whilst in our car..as long as its signed its allowed,but i can see that changing now..
I spose its to allow for those people who are genarally just looking and dont always carry their license with them and dont expect to be going out to drive something...

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
If ive got my purse ive got my photocard licence. If im going to test drive cars i make sure i take it just in case.

RS Clio 182
Most people are exactly the same..although some people don't carry it around.usually older people.but you do see em.and I ask the customer if they have it anyway and take a copy if they do have it..but what I'm saying is that because the sales dept of a dealership relies on the old saying in the trade 'bums on seats sells cars' you take every oppertunity you can to sell something..then you get paid too..

L91

Clio CUP 182
10 points for out the box thinking I've heard nothing like it! did they take your colleagues phone so he couldn't ring the police immediately ? no shortage of SCUM.

200 GORDINI
Yeah wed all like to think wer pretty good.lol.was the same place you bought your car from too knuckles..iv got a 10 plate 197 with all the same options as the white one on the forecourt..and a host of other top end cars..Audi A5, BMW 325d and Range Rovers etc.needless to say wer all being very cautious atm..

Bloody hell 172 didnt know you lost one.:eek:
dont let em near the gordini,ive just bought that n the wife picks it up tuesday:D

RS Clio 182
i noticed it had sold..that gordinis a nice motor..who did you deal with? still no joy getting the car back atm..still working on it..

RB 200
what happened at our place was; they where test driving cars with key cards. like the 197/200 .. pinching the removable emergency key part. and replacing it with a blank.. coming back in the middle of the night opening the car, nocking the hand break off and pushing it onto a truck .. happened to 3 or 4 of ours across a few branches .. b*stards .. hope they get caught .. if you think it could have been someones pride & joy ... at least it was in a dealership (not that it makes it less bad but someone isn't personally effected or had there car stolen) and if its salvaged brilliant!!

you guys heard any more??

172 Sport
I too am a salesman, funnily enough at a Renault main dealer.

If I signed the demo forms and didn't take proper ID it is my fault if something goes wrong.

If this Joe guy was to lose his job he deserves it, because he has not done his job properly and risked the company thousands of pounds.

Hope you guys get the car back and that it doesn't make procedures tighter for you guys in the future. It's hard enough for us as it is at the moment without more paperwork!

RS Clio 182
Lol to lindemans comment about the sideline in Clio parts..and I think that our (sales people) paperwork is a necessary evil.you have to cover yourself and the public.no matter how much stuff you have though, the Scummy people that go about making our insurance premiums rise each year by nicking cars and claiming on insurance jobs etc will always find a way to get round it in some way..

200 GORDINI
picking the gordini up tomorrow bout 09.45.dropping the wife off for it cos i have a job up at the airport.

200 GORDINI
sent you a pm..youl be well impressed with that car..its a nice one..enjoy..

gave it some beans last night when the missus got in,both fighting over who was going to drive,ha.
xenons,silvertecs n led s-lights n no plate being delivered tomorrow, full detail too.should look awesome by may day holiday:cool::cool::cool:

200 GORDINI
Gordinis are s**t.
YOU KNOW YOU LOVE EM KNUCKLES:approve::approve:
no think its still not turned up but they have got a name and face.they are just waiting to catch up with the scrote!!!!:evil:

:rasp:

Lol seriously though, how has tho not been sorted if the police found the car?

Rusty Cup
The police have better things to do than solve crime!! The car has gone get over it. My car was stolen recently, the police were less than useless. If I had shat in a bag and asked it to find my car it would have made more progress than the police did.