ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car tries to start but won’t fire up

MK3 2006 1.416v clio
Hi all, so following on from my previous post about potential faulty ecu/uch/bcm and whatever else people call them all…

i have replaced the ecu, the bcm, the transponder ring, the key (only the fob part!) and the steering column ecu. Oh and also the lighting control box (located inside the passenger wheel arch) we found a puddle of water in the passengers footwell :(
the car now has dash lights, which all go out when attempting to start the car, but she just won’t fire up…

any help again would be greatly appreciated

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Maybe dumb but have you recently changed your battery? Are your terminals tight?

MK3 2006 1.416v clio
Hi all, so following on from my previous post about potential faulty ecu/uch/bcm and whatever else people call them all…

i have replaced the ecu, the bcm, the transponder ring, the key (only the fob part!) and the steering column ecu. Oh and also the lighting control box (located inside the passenger wheel arch) we found a puddle of water in the passengers footwell :(
the car now has dash lights, which all go out when attempting to start the car, but she just won’t fire up…

any help again would be greatly appreciated
Should probably add, we also don’t have a working clock, or radio following the electrical issues !

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
Can you see spilled oil in the engine bay? Damaged harness?

My old 1.4 had very random limp mode, ended up changing a million parts before realizing a mechanic forgot to out the oil cap back on and hot oil spilled everywhere, burning a few cables.

MK3 2006 1.416v clio
Can you see spilled oil in the engine bay? Damaged harness?

My old 1.4 had very random limp mode, ended up changing a million parts before realizing a mechanic forgot to out the oil cap back on and hot oil spilled everywhere, burning a few cables.
There is oil at the back of the engine, couldn’t see any damage harnesses when I was underneath the car this morning. The car was running fine when we purchased it, and started first time every time, and then suddenly cut out, at this point we had no lights on the dash other than a solid red immobiliser light, just seems to be one issue after another right now !

Cliomaxx69

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 2002
There is oil at the back of the engine, couldn’t see any damage harnesses when I was underneath the car this morning. The car was running fine when we purchased it, and started first time every time, and then suddenly cut out, at this point we had no lights on the dash other than a solid red immobiliser light, just seems to be one issue after another right now !
That's weird. Hope you find an easy fix

Clio182mike

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Try this.... put the key in, turn to position 1, hold the unlock button down on the fob and turn back to 0, then whilst still holding the button down, turn to start the car. Does that work?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
As a new player entering the game, can you confirm it’s a Mk2 Clio and the ADAC is staying lit, solid red when you turn the key on, still?

Mick