ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car turns over but wont start?!

clio 1.2
hi, i have had a look over the forum sound like a common problem.

i try to start the car it just turns over and wont start. you can bump it and it starts. then when it running its fine, turn it off and it starts first time, leave it over night and it wont start in the morning. its on and off this problem sometimes its fine.

any ideas?

thanks

jack

clio 1.2
once bumped it runs fine. been playing around with it for the last hour, cleaned the under bonnet fuse box area and the crank sensor gave them both a coat of wd40, it started fine.

ill give it some time and see what happens?!?

jack

Megane r26
had a similar problem on an old saxo vtr i had in the past, turned out to be the cts (coolant tempreture centre) was faulty an when i was reading the parameters it was saying -32 degrees causing the engine to overfuel an not want to start!

ph2 clio 172
I had similar issue , made no sense to me why if I started it in gear, or rolled it down a hill it seemed to start, then I could stop and start it pretty much all the time. I had no lights on the dash or faults to read. then luckily it did throw a fault and said throttle position sensor. I ignored that for some strange reason ! and changed the tdc sensor s I thought I might of not crimped the connections on the new blue sensor, nothing.

I then changed the throttle body (after reading problems on here) and it sorted it!!!.

I did have a problem a month or so before it all kicked off where the car did rev to 3000 with the dash light on, but turning it off and restarting worked until above happened