ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car twitchy when cornering over bumps

GW 200
Hi, my cup packed 182 has become rather twitchy when cornering over rough roads. It drives fine but if you are driving round a bend for example an run over the slightest bump, like a manhole cover or a patch of rough Tarmac, the whole car wobbles and skip. About in a sideways motion, no swaying front to back.

I've recently had four PE2s fitted and brand new rear shocks. So the tyres and rear shocks are fine. It also has just had a four wheel aligment check. Only adjusted front though obviously as it's standard cup pack suspension.

However I have, before the alignment check, blown up two nearsde front tyres due to pot holes in the last 6 months. So I'm thinking my nearisde front shock is becoming knackered due to 5 years of driving and a dew hard pot hole knocks.

Does this sound like a possible diagnosis of my 'wobbly when cornering car' ? Any help on this woul be appreciated. Or any ideas of otero possible causes.

Thanks.

GW 200
33 front and 30 rear, as per the book.

It only seems to do it on right turning bends though when im putting load on the nearside tyres :S

ph1 track weapon
mine used to do it, and was down to a blown rear shock. was quite scary at times, but changed the shock and problem disappeared. mine did it on left turning bends (right shock blew)

hope this helps

ed

Cupped 200
Sounds like screwed dampers, what suspension changes have you made? could be too stiff springs i.e. too!