ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Wash marks :(

RenaultSport 197
Hi peeps,

My dad thought he would give my car a wash by taking it through a bloody car wash because he didn't have his bloody car and can't stand dirty vehicles!! :mad:

Does anybody know if polishing will remove most of the tiny marks car washes put in the paintwork?.. I mean its not too bad, you hardly notice anything unless you actually skim your eyes level with the paintwork, so it's not the end of the world..

Cheers.

106 GTi
A machine polish should sort it, you will be there for days by hand and proabably not be 100% succesfull.

RenaultSport 197
Yea I saw just now.. Wow, amazing how you got it back to normal! How much did that cost? Fortunately mine isn't that bad, but you can still see swirls :(

cock mobile.
I doubt it needs a machine polish due to one car wash, just polish it then wax it by hand see what the results are like before panicking :)

Hi Dougclio16v your probably best to try something by hand as sh33n has said, mine was in a horrible state and I paid to get it done right..
Maybe you know someone with a machine polisher or if you could find someone on here who would do it for you would work out cheaper than from someone who does it for a living, I imagine!

Rob.

106 GTi
Will need something more than a wax by hand I would expect. Try some Autoglym Super Resin Polish first, then step up to some Meguiars Scratch X if need be.