ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wash scratched my car!

Anything from the fleet

Hi,

Went out last night to get my car washed at one of these popular hand wash places and while i was filling up with fuel after it I noticed that wherever their sponge has been it has left scratches all over my paintwork. My car is black, and really shows the marks, especially on the bonnet. Raging doesnt even come close.

I have been back to speak to them and they were sorry, but (no offence) they were immigrants and couldnt speak much english. I have spoken with their boss and he was meant to meet me at 9am today but didnt show, so really Im looking for advice as to where to go next. Im presuming they would be insured, so a claim from their company wouldnt be too hard?

I hope it will polish out. Infact I am pretty sure it will, but i reckon it will maybe need mopping at a bodyshop?

Please advise. I really dont want to be t-cutting the paint of a 5 month old car.

Da

Less

should polish out as you say, probably just swirl marks. But be warned, these places often have disclaimer notices up so you may end up footing the bill! Sorry to hear about it tho mate, hope it all gets sorted asap!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

it could of been the sponge or even someone wearing a ring whilst they chamoixed it, i never use them for that reason, sorry to hear thats happened, where abouts was it

My wife is a claims handler with a large industrial insurance company. Her clients include Texaco petrol stations and she has to deal with claims for many different "incidents" that occur on the forecourts. This includes claims filed for damage to vehicles in carwashes etc..

She has recommended that you get their insurance details, call your insurers inform them of the damage and let them deal with it. If you have legal protection built into your policy then this would of course help.

But the threat of legal/insurance action may be enough to get them to sort it out as the carwashes policy excess will probably be in excess of £5000 or so.. So they will be out of pocket either way..

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

i had mine sctratched badly in a couple of places and they just polished out

had them done professionally took 10mins altogether

Skoda Fabia vRS

dont bother trying to do it yourself, stuff off the shelf will only remove the lightest of scratches, let a bodyshop do it, it wont cost much

Anything from the fleet

thanks for the replies

in future i think i will get it valeted once a month by a professional instead of weekly by chimps

i wish i had an outdoor tap so i could do it myself!

H22A7 Accord Type R

i aint got an outdoor tap either, its a b**ch..............bucket after bucket! na, i always do mine myself! at least then u can only go mad at yourself lol

Quote: Originally posted by R3OBC on 20 February 2005

i aint got an outdoor tap either, its a b**ch..............bucket after bucket! na, i always do mine myself! at least then u can only go mad at yourself lol
I aint got an outdoor tap either, but I got a hozelock adaptor that fits over the tap and lets you plug a hose in it. It isnt great but its better than a bucket.

Put it down to experience!

If you are in the wiltshire area I would be glad to practice on your car with my new toy;)

I hate washin car with anything other than my own stuff. Doesnt feel right. Even if car is dirty but cant clean it on drive cos other things goin on i would leave it dirty until i can do it properly.

b*****d tho, gutted for ya, specially when youve done whole car with it as well! GRRRRR! Should polish out though! Just T-Cut it to death...

Used to have a Clio

sorry to hear this! this is exactly i thought might happen with those hand car wash places! thats why ive not used them! i almost did the first week i got my car but i saw they had cars and cars to clean using the same sponge/chamoise so i turned around and went to Wilkinsons and bought the car shampoo and sponge and bucket and did it myself!

dont complain about taps outside your house! i live in an apartment and im on the top floor (3rd floor) and i have to run down the stairs to clean my car and back up again to refill the bucket! (3 trips!) ;-P

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 20 February 2005

Put it down to experience!

If you are in the wiltshire area I would be glad to practice on your car with my new toy;)
hey did it arrive then, have you tried it yet, if your bored with it i will take it of your hands:p