ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car will not start. Randomly die'd

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There is a chap on ebay breaking a dci with an n3 uch at the moment.

Surprised the spare you plugged in didn't fire anything up. My n2 controlled everything in the car which has a BG box without anything else changed. Plug and play bar starting the engine!

Uch is not specific to the car though, they use the same part numbers on a variety of engines. Mine is also used on several get low get low spec cars as well :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yeah i know, i changed the key fob boards over but think i mayof had the battery out to long.

think i had allook on the bay at that guys, but its non matching to my codes. the big 8200******** numero

i will say i defo know non of the K-lines have gone down, or any others. spent ages today voltage testing. systems check the lot.
my engine fuse box was green as fook on the connectors, so half of that was spent cleaning them up and packing vasalen( sp ) around the connectors

ah well, new uch coming friday, going for coding monday. should work then and not f**k up in the ret of time i will own the car for.

took my original uch apart, the board is all brown around the connectors to the board. guess its been going a while and becuase my turbo oil return pipe has been leaking onto the exhuase, ive not noticed a smell apart from burning oil.

i cant even figure out which bit is the imob going off the diagrams we have, would like to see if i could bypass it for future reference ( engine swaps with decoded ecu's )

Last edited:

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
yeah i know, i changed the key fob boards over but think i mayof had the battery out to long.

think i had allook on the bay at that guys, but its non matching to my codes. the big 8200******** numero

i will say i defo know non of the K-lines have gone down, or any others. spent ages today voltage testing. systems check the lot.
my engine fuse box was green as fook on the connectors, so half of that was spent cleaning them up and packing vasalen( sp ) around the connectors

ah well, new uch coming friday, going for coding monday. should work then and not f**k up in the ret of time i will own the car for.

took my original uch apart, the board is all brown around the connectors to the board. guess its been going a while and becuase my turbo oil return pipe has been leaking onto the exhuase, ive not noticed a smell apart from burning oil.

i cant even figure out which bit is the imob going off the diagrams we have, would like to see if i could bypass it for future reference ( engine swaps with decoded ecu's )
Did you have any luck with this?
I can't connect to the ecu through obd either.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Done all that mate, also checked each and every fuse for continuity so know they're all working.

Update, found out I have 2 live wires at the coil pack connector. I believe there's only supposed to be 1 so I have a short.

Any help in tracing this with a multimeter?

clio 2
Lucky you - ha ha - I don't have 12v anywhere on my coil pack plug (2002 clio non starter - no spark)
1 Brown
2 Green
3 White (to capacitor)
4 White
I believe one should have 12v and others are then earthed by ECU as required to generate spark a pair of cylinders.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Lucky you - ha ha - I don't have 12v anywhere on my coil pack plug (2002 clio non starter - no spark)
1 Brown
2 Green
3 White (to capacitor)
4 White
I believe one should have 12v and others are then earthed by ECU as required to generate spark a pair of cylinders.
Is yours a sport?

There's definitely only 3 wires on my ph2 sport.

Tell me, should I be getting 12v? The 2 live are showing 7.7v key on and 6.1 cranking!