ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car will not start. Randomly die'd

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Went to get some parts this morning , come back to the car, tried to start and cranks over for a few seconds , then stops

easystart makes it run , but won't run on its own after

checked the three black relays under the bonnet fuse box. Cleaned them and tested , all good. - recomended by Fred

now getting a solid imob light, battery/stop and oil light staying on. Also checked alternator and main earths

What now lol?

frozen white clio172
I'm taking mine to be diagnosed if a full battery recharge don't work. From what I can gather it's potentially a UCH issue not major work as I've done this on a previous car when I did an engine change but am hoping it's something a little less time consuming as in waiting for parts to arrive etc..

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'm taking mine to be diagnosed if a full battery recharge don't work. From what I can gather it's potentially a UCH issue not major work as I've done this on a previous car when I did an engine change but am hoping it's something a little less time consuming as in waiting for parts to arrive etc..

I hope it's not my UCH, going to be a b**ch to get the UCH/ecu with a dci 80 software on lol

got a set of black relays coming tomorrow in the hope a new set might just make it run again.
Also changed my battery in my key now to make sure it's not the key fucked

frozen white clio172
I hope it's not my UCH, going to be a b**ch to get the UCH/ecu with a dci 80 software on lol

got a set of black relays coming tomorrow in the hope a new set might just make it run again.
Also changed my battery in my key now to make sure it's not the key fucked

Fingers crossed for u mate but it's likely to be the uch so I've been told anyway let me know if the relays etc work and I'll let u know what diagnostics pick up

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Will do!
I ain't really bothered if it's UCH, just a piss take I got it running perfect for a good 5months and then It decides to play games again
Confident enough to know it's not my engine or fuel system

wish I didn't switch it off whilst loading the car haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
That car must be over 90% new now.
its only the friggin shell that isn't new and the wiring looms

It's heard your lust for a 1.9 and broke. Mines done similar.

Good luck
I know I know FFs , I'll get it going even if I have to goo mechanical injection

I wish I walked to Tesco the other day only about 5 minute walk aswell I was just being lazy haha.
haha I don't think I could of walked 20miles down the road with a full renaultsport body kit and subframe in my hands haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dam certain it's my UCH playing up, just locked my car, disconnected the battery , reconnected, Locke unlocked and it fired up and then die'd again with the solid read light.

best start finding the codes for the ecu if I can get that stupid ecu shield off !

frozen white clio172
Bloody hell the number of uch playing up this month is ridiculous. So the ecu shield is it a nightmare to get off?? I'm just gonna replace the whole lot I'm thinking, still waiting on the diagnostics can't get my car to the garage yet aarrggghhh

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Depends how long your ecu cover has been on, mines never been off fe years.

Lots of pulling and swearing apparently gets it off.
Read the faults on mine, key set not responding. Tried both keys neither turn off imob but still lock the car via remote

have to admit, it's done well for 11 years old

just a b**ch that I've Goto strip the doors down again to change the lock barrels

heard the UCH is fun to remove under the dash as it's tight haha

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
get said code from either key or body sticker, turn egnition on, hold central locking button and watch x amount of times for 1, release then repeat for code 2 ect.

once all four done, release. key off , key on and it should start up. ment to be a recode the manual way.

frozen white clio172
Right I've just been out to put battery back on and it's still same solid red immobiliser light have noticed now though that the lock button next to hazard switch aint working also heated rear screen aint working aswell the hazard lights the button needs a little wiggle for them to work could these be my issue if so do they work off fuses or relay hoping this may be the cause coz car is recognising the key but perhaps car still thinks it's locked coz of button on dash any light shed by anyone please

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Your UCH is fugged mate, look at grazzo's thread , his dci gave up today aswell, same problems as you had , he changed his UCH and his window ect all work now. So he's resourcing a UCH and the other bits

ive recoded my key but still no go.

Been outside 4 friggin hours freezing my Bolocks off back probe'n wires. All powers there but injection relay is locked, due to my imob issue. Which I'm certain my UCH is caulsing the problem

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Your car makes me angry, it seems to delight in being a c*nt to you,
I think it's still getting you back for trying modifying it to perform like a 172.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I know, f**king leaving it untouched after it's working again.

I cant think what else I can replace on it. It's all off different cars , and Adams list longer than his arm parts list from him

awful f**king electrics , I want something reliable that won't give up after working perfect for months on end :(

frozen white clio172
Right just an update on my situation my mate came down today and as he turned key I had mh head in the engine bay when he turned the ignition on there was a crackling noise coming from the relays under the bonnet, cleaned relays gave them a spray of wd40 and still crackling also I don't have a 5amp fuse in the relay part as said by another lad. I have a 20 a 30 and a 7.5

frozen white clio172
Yeh and mine I've checked all fuses and they are fine just the crackling from the relay need to get it to an auto electric really but no money till Friday aaaahhhh

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Can't get a UCH set for mine. N3 rare as rocking horse s**t.

Ordered one from Renault , 190 odd coming Friday then over to Renault for coding which is another 87£

completely locked out out from the ecu/UCH. Nearly everything stopped working LOL FML!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Once that f*cking thing's fixed sell it, before it has the chance to be a c*nt to you again,
or are you still planning on being a Volvo engined sleeper?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Haha I tried a N3 UCH set for a dci 80 off ebay but it's not working with my car. Car having non of it , even with the loom redone as mine never got the recall for the bulkhead bit aswell. Mind you, I haven't got the decoder ring for the barrel

im keeping it for the k9k monster engine that I've Been talking to fred about. Saying that, once it's working f**k knows :/
i want a petrol car !

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
andy has also ha his snap on verdict on the car, checked all wiring from uch to ecu and all relay/ power fuses. ive had the passenger fuses out ( all off them )

nothing. no wires broken, crushed, snapped, voltage drop.
put three new black relays in under the bonnet fuse box.
with the help of the x65 and dci wiring diagrams for the clio mk2

got to be my uch just randomly going. just baffled it did it after working perfectly 5mins before, turned it off, came back and tried to start it to head home. f**k all just a solid red light.

trying to figure out why i have the oil light on aswell, its never stayed on. checked the connections, checked level. all ok. only comes on when i wants to aswell.

everything in the car is now not working , it was before it die'd then windows and radio would only work.

why do i have to own a car with an N3 UCH -.-

lets hope renault coding my new uch will fix it.

ran so perfect up scottland last week , and got me home sunday lol

Many.
UCH's always just fail suddenly, its electrical, and its rare for an electrical item to deteriorate.

Pretty sure my UCH is a N3, Mind you, not had a problem with mine.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
ive got the feeling it'll go into renault, get coded to the new UCH and either work or still not work.

key is fine as i had renault get me a new one last year and recode to the car. after it wouldnt lock the car on remote.

mst of been on its way out, last year i had the random electrical fit, all the dashlights flickered and the relays all spazzed out.
so im thinking thats started it and now its finished itself.

i defo know the key code ring on the barrel is reading the key as the verdict snap on thing we have , is picking up the signal from th key.

ecu connects on obd but cannot communticate with vechical centrAL COMAND

haha good luck if your UCH goes alex ;) N3 on the dci's are rare