ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car worries PLEASE HELP

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

ok

today went to start car and it wouldnt i have a 1.4rt ne way was covered in ice hadent been moved for a few days and it was iced over, ne wya went to start it and got a sound like bat was going flat then a CLICK CLICK CLICK noise gave up doing that so i bumped it down the hill and woosh it came to life.

ne way let it run for a bit and heat up pulled back in to drive and turned it off and then turned it back on and i always wait a bit to check the oil level gague, and it was at ful turned key and it started fine. so i guess the starter motor was frozen or summit ne way.

went to get some petrol and give it a run out, got to petrol station filled it up payed got back in car, turned key and checked oil level gague and it was at half way! funny i though tried starting and it ran fine.

got back home and turned it off and thought OH i will turn key and check the oil level gague again and it was in the red i watched it for a while and it was going down !!!!!!!

popped bonnet and checked oil and it was between the 2 nothes so i guess the oil is fine cant see it leaking ne where.

NE IDEAS?>?????

MaLicE

maybe the guage is buggered? dont take any risks when it comes to oil, but the gauges on that bit of the dash arent known for their reliability

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Dont forget - when ur driving the car, oil will be getting sloshed around everywhere, so the true reading is i suppose only after the car has been stood for considerable time...

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Never use the gauge alway use the dipstick mate, trust me on this thats exactly waht my mate did on his clio 16v ended up running the big end bearings. The gauge is not realiable.

YOU MAY WANT TO CHECKJ THE MATRIX IT MAY HAVE GOT JAMMED MY CLIO WOULD NOT START THE OIL FROXE AND THEN MY HEAD GASKET WENT BE CAREFULL

if it was really going down that quickly youd know about it i reckon! must be either a shot sensor, or a fault in the connection somewhere. Dunno where the sensor it but if it aint too bad perhaps you could try replacing it, cant be too muich i wouldnt have thought?