ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wouldn’t start this morning !

Went to get into the car this morning to go to work, drove it out of the drive to swap the cars around, all was good. I parked it on the kerb and moved the other cars around.

Went back to the car to go to work and turned the key, didnt start. Same old thing, never starts first time all the time as you all you 172/182 owners know. Tried again, nothing. Locked the car, unlocked the car. Tried again, nothing. Eventually after about 5 mins of locking, unlocking and trying again and again it starts after I give it a little right foot.

Why is this ? The car has been sitting in the drive for the last week really after being sprayed and I have been away, could it just be cold ? First time it has happened.

Nippy white cup

Mine started to do this m8...get it checked as mine eventually stopped...erm starting. Cant remember what it was now....

Chris

300bhp MR2 Turbo

What Mike says, they do it only on English models to p/ss us off cause were better than them.

Not just 172s - all French cars

Had the same thing on a few cars none Renault, if you move the car a few yards on a cold morning and turn it off, then the spark plugs get coked up as the choke is on, hence restarting is a nightmare, like you said a bit of right foot will usually sort it everytime.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 14 October 2004

Maybe it knows your thinking of a newer car!
Possibly but then that is what made me think about it so I dont think it knew at the time............... maybe I should apologise !

;)