ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wouldnt start!

Drove back from work fine. Came in, left the car 10 mins then went out to move it so dad could get his car off the drive and my car wouldnt start at all.

Turn the key to the 2nd stage of the ignition, and you can hear the fuel pump working, and the immobiliser light goes out but turn the key round to the start position and theres nothing, no sound, no signs of life - nothing. The battery is absolutely fine afaik - never shown any signs of not starting before.

Jumped the car off and it ran and idled fine with no warning lights. Ran it round the block, stopped the car, and then it restarted again fine on the key

Any ideas what this might be?

Tom

Sounds just like mine. Problem with mine is the starter motor or the solenoid. Next time it does it just give it a bang with something and it should fire up if that's your problem.

Megane R26
checked the power to the starter motor?
on my previous clio the nut which held the wire on had fallen off, it bumped off fine and ran but when i went to look at the starter it was clear the wire was hanging off and where it should have been attached.