ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Bonnet

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Just bought a carbon bonnet to match my carbon splitter, should look sweet on my black car! :)
Um...How the hell do i fit it?

Damn. Really didnt think it would be that bad. Whats the problem with it then? Is it really worth paying someone to fit it?

Chocolate Bar™
the problem is trying to get it to line up straight. It's at least a two person job, one to keep wiggling the brackets and one to support it whilst working on it. Depends on your brackets, mine were crap so took me ages to fit mine. Ended up paying the bodyhop to fit it after me and gsmgregg and his dad spent about 2 hours on it :banghead:

Chocolate Bar™
nah only bout 30 odd quid if i remember rightly. Took em a while though, and they vowed never to fit one ever again!

thedoc said:
hehe i was watching that on ebay.. good work fella.
somebody on here may help you fit it??

I didnt realise but its actually from k-tec itself. Didnt say anything in the advert but when i payed for it the payment went to k-tec!?

Middo said:
nah only bout 30 odd quid if i remember rightly. Took em a while though, and they vowed never to fit one ever again!
Great your not inspiring me with much confidence here! lol

Chocolate Bar™
lol sorry. Well worth the effort when its on, as i said my brackets were crap i assume yours will be better so it wont be too bad.

Chocolate Bar™
not got any really good pics. you can barely tell its there (with it being on a black car)

have PM'd you washer jet info. if you need anymore information or some pics just drop us a PM and ill see what i can do :)

MK2 P1 1.4S
Good job on the carbon bonnet; I really want one! Can't wait to see the pic Slug, my car is black too.