ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Fibre Splitter

RS Clio 200
After having my 172 Cup for about a year, I was looking at a photo of another Cup the other week and thought, "so that's the splitter....wait a minute...mine hasn't gone one", a bit sad I know.

So to remedy that I've bought a K-Tec Carbon fibre splitter which I'm going to have to pick up from the courier tonight.

Question then - I was going to fit it myself this weekend. Are they easy to fit? Anything I need to watch out for? Any Advice?

Thanks.

SLK 350
Ideally 2 man job.

Line up the splitter roughly, and pre-drill the holes, then just use 4/6 self tapping screws into the underside of your bumper.

Job done.

RS Clio 200
Picked up the splitter this evening. Had a look at the underneath of the chin spoiler on the car and noticed it already has the holes drilled ready for the splitter.

I'd like to avoid drilling any more holes in the chin spoiler. Question is - anybody got any suggestions as to how to mark the location of the holes in the splitter so I can drill the splitter and reuse the existing chin spolier holes?

How about masking tape one strip along the bottom of your chin spoiler, push holes thru with a pen for each hole, then remove the tape and carefully place on the carbon splitter marking thru the same holes where you want to drill the new holes.

RS Clio 200
Now that's a good idea!

I'd thought about using paper - I've got a length of lining (wall)paper but wasn't sure how to stick it to the spoiler. Masking tape sounds like a better idea.