ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbotech

Track 172, Focus RS
Anybody used these carbotech xp8's on their clio's? Thinking of trying these for my next pads.

Golf GTD Mk7
I've heard great things about these. Looking to change to them myself. You need to send them old backing plates from pads, which they clean and fit the new material to. Not the cheapest though. Group buy ;)

Track 172, Focus RS
possibly, I'm in touch with one of their guys on the evo forum so i will see what he says.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Been recommending these for nearly 3yrs now.

Takes a while for the sheep to listen, but thats their loss ;)

Work from cold, no noise/squeals, never give up on track, bit dusty.

Track 172, Focus RS
I've just bought a 172 yesterday and was wondering what to put in for track use, they get amazing reviews on the evo's so they can only be as good if not better on a smaller lighter car. I will be getting some in the near future put it that way. I've noticed you have an mx5 track toy, do you know Ian from carbotech who has a white supercharged mx5 track toy?

Golf GTD Mk7
Once my ds2500's are shot (not far now to be honest), i'll definately be getting some. Steve's on commission ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I've just bought a 172 yesterday and was wondering what to put in for track use, they get amazing reviews on the evo's so they can only be as good if not better on a smaller lighter car. I will be getting some in the near future put it that way. I've noticed you have an mx5 track toy, do you know Ian from carbotech who has a white supercharged mx5 track toy?

Yes Ian supplies Paul Roddison Motorsport (Max5)

I have ran XP8's on my last few cars and as said they are excellent, only issuse i had was the squeal on my Elise!!!

Ran AX6's on my last EP3 for a while, excellent on road but did not stand up to track only lasting 1 day at Oulton and and a half day at Knockhill. However i would still highly recommend AX6's if you don't plan to venture on track as they have a far better bite from cold ;)