ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbum Flibbly boonwaas

MKIII 138
Carbon fiber bonnets for 172

anyone got any pics, facts, price, places info for carbon fiber bonnets on a 172/182/172cup* ? i.e weight diffo or just weight.
ive seen two in the gallery but there not really good enough shots fot me to gauge.. i mite just do it though but id like to fully make up my mind.

cheers

Last edited:
  Remapped derv Golf
Are carbon ones much lighter? Didn't think it was worth the money? Could be wrong

I know JONGSR4's evo's alloy bonnet was really light. Massive thing it was but it was lighter than my VTR's

MKIII 138
Adamf said:
Are carbon ones much lighter? Didn't think it was worth the money? Could be wrong

I know JONGSR4's evo's alloy bonnet was really light. Massive thing it was but it was lighter than my VTR's

i think any weight saving 10kg or over is worth while in the cup. dunno how much it would save but the standard bonnet is quite weighty, if i put the whole thing on scales id wager it would be over 15kg`s

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
K-Tec racing have a good selection on their website, vented and unvented for about £350 and they have knocked money off as well.!!!!!!!

172 M69 eater
K-TecRacer said:
K-Tec racing have a good selection on their website, vented and unvented for about £350 and they have knocked money off as well.!!!!!!!

u can get em £££'s cheaper on ebay tho...

MKIII 138
Alan_C said:
My carbon bonnet is miles lighter than standard (mk2 172)

got any pics ?

is this ktec bonnet actually carbon fiber and is it really light or is it just a halfway house to a proper bonnet like Adam16v seems to have

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
what u on about halway house to a proper bonnet?

you wont get a clio bonnet that is 100% carbon fibre. they will either be the skin alone with pins, or mounted on a fibreglass frame like mine is! or possibly mounted on the normal frame which is abviously gonna save hardly any weight!

its very light compared to the standard one!

bonnet.jpg

Last edited:

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
cup2.jpg

mycar.bmp

cup1.jpg

i did have it on my car, depends what bonnet you go for, ie single skin should weigh between 5-8kgs, carbon bonnets that are similar to OEM weigh anything from 8-13kgs, i used to get them off some guy but am having issues with him at the mo, so im looking at another company called streamline carbon, at the mo they quoted me 500-600 for a hand laid pre preg bonnet, they can also do a heat reactive finish at an extra cost, where the colour changes from engine heat but you still see the weave, at the mo we would need a minimum order of 10 people who need to put down £100 deposit to cover the cost of making the mould so i would say hunt ebay or go to k-tec coz its quite expensive at the mo and from word of mouth i hear the price of carbon fibre is going up due to being in so much demand from motorsport and the modding scene and quantity is running out

172beast

meggerman said:
got any pics ?

is this ktec bonnet actually carbon fiber and is it really light or is it just a halfway house to a proper bonnet like Adam16v seems to have

Lol why is it everything I read has your utter drivel posted on it? I've yet to read a post by you which has anything constructive or helpful on and thats not utter sh1t, why is that, why!!!!!

Check out that sexy guy on the pic of Adams16v bonnet btw, I wonder who that striking chap is?