ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cardiff guy saying hello Clio good by Honda

toyota surf,
Hi guys
Completely new to Renault having been a Honda guy for the last 8 years, took a ride in my friends new 182 ff and well to say I was impressed is an understatement, sold my premier ep3 and on the hunt for a RB 182 cup. Hope I find one soon and enjoy 8 years or more with a Clio sport

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome!
Us welsh are slowly taking over here haha.
If you need any help looking at one just let me know :)

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Welcome to CS mate.

Become a member and look in the cars for sale section. 1*2's are always popping up!

toyota surf,
Cheers guys
I most certainly will become a fully fledged member typhoon.

Thanks for that Matt. Where to in the holy land do you live . All help is much appreciated as being new to this car means I do not know as much about them as I do Honda.

Suzuki Jimny
Cheers guys
I most certainly will become a fully fledged member typhoon.

Thanks for that Matt. Where to in the holy land do you live . All help is much appreciated as being new to this car means I do not know as much about them as I do Honda.

I'm from near pontypool :)

toyota surf,
Not far then Matt. Will have to take the cars up the new track being built up the valleys. Final planning permission given today

Clio 182 Race car
welcome bud.........from Caerphilly way me.........can't wait for work to start on the Circuit of Wales..........not far to go for some decent track time for once.

Good luck with the search for a motor

toyota surf,
Cheers ideally looking for a RB but if it's a super example I might be interested but don't want to break any rules.
Defiantly get a Welsh meet going but only when I find a nice Clio

Evo 8 and clio 172
I do indeed chap, cup needs a power steering pump and a few other bits. Just bought a shell and cage to re-shell my cammed iceberg so plenty on the list of things to do.

Plenty to go on with bud, re shell job is a list on its own. Got a list for the evo so could do with not much on the Clio lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Great, another Welsh person to remind me how s**t England is at Rugby! At least you're after an RB so I'll let it slide... by far the best colour to have on the MkII

Welcome to CS fella, enjoy

Mick

toyota surf,
Cheers fella.

Can't find any decent RB clios at the minute getting a bit upset lol . Will keep hunting but surely someone needs the cash this time of the year

RB 182 FF
Shame you hadn't posted before you sold the premier, I'm very tempted with the switch to a premier or anniversary but I want a well cared for one if I'm going to say bye to my beloved RB. Only thing that's stopped me so far is cruise control..... Why the hell didn't they fit it to the ep3?! Been looking at retrofit options as I travel to Norway for 7 months and I'm not driving that far with my foot on the pedal!

The 182 really is an all rounder, I drove from Wales to Spain then all the way up to Norway and returned 39.9 mpg fully loaded up with my bro onboard! And perfectly comfortable doing so!

Last edited:
  toyota surf,
I get what you mean I went from a daily Volvo v70 t5 with cruise control to an ep3 that obviously has none but you would be surprised how quick you adapt and I didn't even think about it.

RB 182 FF
Surf I just wondered what's the reasoning for a cup 182 over a full fat?! Full fat is a cup with xenons, leather and air con, I can't see the sense in wanting a cup myself but you may have a good reason....:up:​

toyota surf,
VR46 the ep3 is an amazing car I will have another one day. It's a lot more tuneable and their are a lot more variety in performance parts which makes it great if you like to play around.
Forget what a lot of people say about it not being a daily as it needs to be driven hard, is a load of rubbish as I used it around town ,motorways etc and it's easy a piece of cake.

With regards to the FF or cup either or is good for me as long as it has the cup goodies .

RB 182 FF
Ah OK thanks for the info surf,I'm very tempted to scratch the ep3 itch sometime!! In terms of resale I think more people will want a FF and it's a nicer place to be, cloth seats don't do anything for me!!