ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carminat Sat Nav

Gal

A Clee O
I seemed to have recieved all books with my 172 apart from the sat nav books. I was wondering if anyone could let me know about how to do a postcode search and how to use the TMC codes. I have a 2005-2006 disc so its upto date but just wondering how to actually use this properly.

If anyone can help much appreciated. Thank you.

BMW Z4 3.0i
I've paid a guy off the forum for a new disc, I should be getting the updated disc by the weekend hopefully. My current disc hasn't got the TMC on so I haven't used it, although I do have a manual which has the TMC "instructions".

BMW Z4 3.0i
Will do. Hopefully I'll stop disappearing off the map when driving down newly re-routed roads and having to spend 10 mins listening to "please proceed to the planned route". I'll be interested to see what this TMC is like, if it's half efficient it should be pretty handy. It'll be nice to have an updated database of points of interest too.

Clio II and Grand Modus
ScottRC182 said:
just to jump in on this but can you get the renault sat nav fitted retrospectivly to a 182?

Why?? it´s dated and way too expensive....Get Alpine dvd satnav with touchscreen TMC. Thats the way to go.

Gal

A Clee O
I started reading about TMC then got tired. So will finish it off tomorrow. Very interesting to read how renault couldn't be bothered to pay for the licenses etc. So thanks for that got a 2006 Disc in the post now so will play with that tomorrow as well. Any results I will post on here.

BMW Z4 3.0i
Well I've got my updated disc. It works fine and the TMC is now enabled also. If you zoom out it shows you all the traffic incidents on the map and there's a function that also lists them.

The new map has the M6 toll road... which is nice.

Williams2,Willy rall
Just a general question for anyone who can help,also apologies to the "mods" if this thread is the wrong place :eek: .
I have been asked by a mate ~~~ parts man at my Renaults agency :D :D ,to try and sell a Renault fitment "sat-nav" system ~~ it has a part number 77 11 275 829 and is a Takara ??.It says on the brochure RRP. is £499,he is looking at £250 ish.
I thought this was cheap,but as I do not know anything about Sat-nav etc etc.I would welcome any advice.My mates have told me that unless it is "Tom-Tom" ?? not to bother.
As you will probably realise,~~~ me being well old :eek: ,the only navigation I understand comes from an Ordnance survey map !!!!:D