ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carpeting rear of stripped car.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I've seen a few people have added carpet to the rear of their stripped car.

It seems like it tidies things nicely for me, and I'm hoping it might insulate against a bit of a the road noise for driving to and from track days.

How have people achieved it?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Bought some carpet from eBay, fabricated a template out of card, cut the carpet to size, job done. Of course you can embellish the carpet by adding coloured piping, badges, sequins & glitter or anything you want, but all in all it's pretty simple to make a stripped rear look neat.

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Have you got any pictures? How did you do the transition to the front carpet and how did you fix it?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
£82 quid though!

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4097&appid=2

picture_1062.jpg

It does look nice, but making one from offcuts would be a damn sight cheaper.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've got the k-tec one, nice and well made, wears well.

But as Mr Dreads said, you can do it yourself for a lot cheaper. I wanted the white piping because I'm a tart.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got any pictures? How did you do the transition to the front carpet and how did you fix it?

Check out my project thread, I'm sure there are pictures in there.

Ultimately it's secured under the rear harness bolts and the fact that it fits snugly around the contours of the car (which for your info are not symmetrical).

The transition to the already fixed carpet isn't 100% resolved, however, only on very close inspection would you see anything other than that.