ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carphone Warehouse / Phonehouse / Best Buy Mobile

Listerine & Poledo
Morning all.

OUt of interest, and given that this forum spans the globe I was hoping I can get some feedback on the subject stores (relevant depending on which country you're in).

Do you use them?
If you do, what's good, what's bad.
If not, who's better and why

What makes you choose your comms. retailer, or is it purely down to price, price PRICE!

Thanks all.

Clio 182
I don't tend to use any of them, all my phones have been purchased Via o2 for me, I see what deals other providers are offering, threaten to leave o2 and they always beat the best deal I can find!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Worked for CPW for years. Would use them, but recently i've had better experiences going direct (Although this wasn't my choice, Apple forced me to do this)

Listerine & Poledo
So far then it's all about the prices.

Got it.

Anyone with horror stories (or even cool stories, bro)?

use to buy all my phones from the,

they good for unlocked un branded prepay phones not sure if thats still the case though

im looking at a new phone but they no longer seem good value

xperia mini pro £199 plus £10 topup o2 £149
xperia ray £249 plus £10 topup o2 £199

Listerine & Poledo
yep, CPW do still do unlocked stuff in most cases.

Intereresting about the prices, thanks for the info.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
They do seem to have good sales/deals on Pay As You Go/SIM-Free handsets. Pay monthly deals don't seem that competitive - often the deals are better going direct. Especially if you're already on a network and threaten to leave - O2 practically halved my monthly bill to stay.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I used phones4u last time i got a phone. It was thee best iphone 4 deal I have seen to date so i would definitely use them again.

the deal incase you were wondering was taken out in august 2010 and was; 16GB iPhone 4 in black, 600 minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB of data on a 24 month contract. I paid NOTHING for the handset and £20.50 a month.

It was stupid cheap tbh

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nearly all CPW phones are unlocked, some special deals have locked phones.

Have had pretty good service with CPW over the last 7 years, only left them because no more chequeback schemes and Tesco had a good deal going and meant I would keep O2 coverage.

Having worked for CPW, never buy instore, unless you've printed their website offers and get them to match/better that.

Worked for CPW for years. Would use them, but recently i've had better experiences going direct (Although this wasn't my choice, Apple forced me to do this)

How did you find working there? Were you instore or office? I thought their stores were very unprofessionally run.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
This.

£10 a month sim for me, unlimited texts, internet, 300 mins.

Just don't lose your £600 uninsured Iphone in Magaluf.

My mate has done this twice now, not in Magaluf though. He had a habit of leaving iPhones in taxi's

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Phones 4u were the best when i upgraded last November. First time in ten years i havent used Orange direct. I would def use them again.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I used Carphone Warehouse to get my 64gb iPhone 4S on launch day because o2 didn't have the 64gb in stock.

CPW had the tariff I wanted and there was no queue unlike o2 so worked out better for me.

If you have the cash - buy the phone outright and go on a sim only deal.

sim free is more expensive even if your going on to a sim only contract ;)

xperia mini pro 219.95
xperia ray 319.95
save a tenner and get a sim with 10 quid to use up

Last edited:
  1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
I use Phones4U as well for my HTC Sensation XE, pretty good service, good contract for the price. Would most likely use them again.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Nearly all CPW phones are unlocked, some special deals have locked phones.

Have had pretty good service with CPW over the last 7 years, only left them because no more chequeback schemes and Tesco had a good deal going and meant I would keep O2 coverage.

Having worked for CPW, never buy instore, unless you've printed their website offers and get them to match/better that.

How did you find working there? Were you instore or office? I thought their stores were very unprofessionally run.

I worked there both in-store and and in office. But i was there 5 years ago when it was like the wild west.
Now its not the same. No more impossible targets and crazy commissions.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I was about there the same sort of time then, I hated the atmosphere there, just wasn't for me, I didn't stay long in the end. Good to know it's changed now.