ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cars been keyed, rough prices?

I don't understand why somewhere you took it is talking about not doing the whole side. The whole side is scratched? How can you not paint the whole side?!

The girl thats done it has said shes sorry yes. My ex hasnt. Shes still trying to say its got nothing to do with her etc. Although tonight she offered me 100 quid and told me shes sick of hearing about it.

Ehmm. Ok then so your willing to give me money but it had nothing to do with you? Yeah!
She's only sorry because she got caught.

They both sound like immature little pr*cks to me. If you ex is sick of hearing about it, she shouldn't have put her up to it. With a bit of luck she will lose her mate over it.

Press on with it, that'll teach them.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I don't understand why somewhere you took it is talking about not doing the whole side. The whole side is scratched? How can you not paint the whole side?!

Must of missed it, what have they said they are going to do?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Must of missed it, what have they said they are going to do?

The first person said he would blend it in at the bump strip rather than doing the bottom of the door/rear quarter. That was the 400 quid quote.

730 and 830 both said they would do the whole side but the 830 will take more time to prep it and do a better job because hes very anal and works purely by reputation rather than advertising.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes im going to go for the one at 830. Whole side and decals replaced after.

Question though, see after the side gets painted, its going to be mint without swirling etc. Is it likely to look like a different colour due to the swirls on the rest of the paintwork?

Would i be better off getting the whole car machined after its painted?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Great minds mate! Did lol at that.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Anyway ideally you'd want the car machine polished but with UR it's different due it being clearoverbase.

Painting just the side will look fine mate but like any car it'll look fresher than the rest.

Where do you stay Liam?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Anyway ideally you'd want the car machine polished but with UR it's different due it being clearoverbase.

Painting just the side will look fine mate but like any car it'll look fresher than the rest.

Where do you stay Liam?

Thanks Gally. I live in Inverness.
Any idea what sort of turn around im looking at if i get it booked in? Obviously it depends how busy he is but how long would you need the car for to do the job?

Cheers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Shame you're so far away mate. I'd want it mon-Fri to make sure it was done properly. I can't remember just how much that door/wing decal was.

You also have a small anti-chip foil at the bottom of the rear quarter. Make sure this is replaced, a lot of places lacquer over them.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
This is the estimate he gave me. The square decal and the F1 team sticker come as a set and are £25 apparently from Renault. As far as i can make out.

He did mention the clear film so thats a bonus hes noticed that!

Thanks for the info. Ill fire you a PM if i have any more questions if thats ok? :)

erumerun.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm quite impressed. I think you'll be fine mate. He's clearly doing things properly looking at what he's written.

The old school nature of the quote is also a positive in some ways. Big garages these days can be a nightmare for cutting corners etc.

The glass is the only little thing that I would have been taking out but sometimes you're best not disturbing stuff for innocuous jobs like yours.

Hopefully the paintwork lives up to your standards.

Give me a pm anytime mate.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thats re-assuring then. I didnt take the car down myself today as i was working so i didnt get a chance to go over it properly with him, i just got a copy of the email. But i feel fairly confident putting it in to him.

Ill update when it gets booked in and done.

Thanks for all the info etc as usual everyone!

Liam.

Clio Sport 172
My mate had a similar thing done to his and it wasn't cheap it cost him over 600 I think.

made me cringe looking at these pictures what a mess hope she gets done for it in the end

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Bringing this up again as i have another question..

Where do i stand with my car insurance on this subject? I dont want to call them up because as soon as i mention anything my premium will go up!

Im guessing ill lose my no claims if i went through insurance even though someone has been charged with it?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get it sorted and don't tell them.

Disclaimer... I do not take responsibility for any decisions you make.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers mate.

I really hope she gets punished for it, she's now pregnant and is out drinking most weekends. Disgusting human.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, she stood there and lied through her teeth after doing the whole oath thing, then got found guilty.

Quite disappointed she only got 80 hours community service. No fine and doesn't have to pay me any compensation. Bit of a pain but nevermind

Well, she stood there and lied through her teeth after doing the whole oath thing, then got found guilty.

Quite disappointed she only got 80 hours community service. No fine and doesn't have to pay me any compensation. Bit of a pain but nevermind
That's pretty sh*tty tbh.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
As above, use moneyclaim online it will most likely cost you a little bit to do it though depending on how much your claiming i think its £70ish quid up to £1000 claim, if shes been found guilty in a criminal court it would most likely just be a formality to go through