ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat 2 -> 1 upgrade

Was thinking of getting an alarm fitted to my car seeing as the imports dont come with them.

Im assuming that because I already have a Cat 2 immobiliser in the form of the Renault factory fit, that I should be asking for a Cat 2-1 upgrade alarm system to couple with what Ive already got? Are all alarms compatible with the Renault immobiliser?

Im also guessing that if I went for a normal Cat 1 (Toad Ai606 for example), that they would have to rip out the renault system and charge me for the privilege?

Thanks for any help

I recently got my immob upgraded to an alarm using the genuine Renault kit, a main dealer will charge you upto £375 for the honour but the company in Southampton that fit them when they come into the country will sell the kit to independant fitters if they ask.

I had the full UK spec alarm fitted for £265 inc VAT, the LED is put in exactly the same place as the UK model and after that there is almost no way to tell the car is an import.

Im well chuffed with the kit as it does not involve changing the existing immob and works with the existing plip key so no need to an extra fob either. I can put you in touch with guy in Kent that did the job for me. Alternatively get your fitter to comtact Cobras fitters in Southampton.

MB

Ford Fiesta

i got mine done before delivery used the standard renault system £300 fitted so now its just like the 172 one. :)