ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cat D twice

Honda & VW
My mate just emailed me to say that his Megane 225 has been clocked as being Cat D twice, he knew is was a Cat D repaired car when he bought it but does the fact its happened twice affect the price any more than normal?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A cat D twice!

Wow! Be worth about 4 pence in old money.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Do you not?

What if it was Cat D on a rear shunt and now Cat D from a front end bump.

If someone hpi's that car before buying and see it's been written off twice they will run a freeking mile unless it's a ridiculously low aasking price. FACT.

Honda & VW
i thought it may be worth quite a bit less but a garage has offered him £3500 in part ex, and they even told him they hpi'd it as they had to ring him back to make the offer.

thanks for the offer craigus but if he was selling it for £500 i'm afraid i'd be at the front of the queue lol

oh and also he knows sod all about cars just likes them if they look pretty, he went to birmingham on his own without any of his mates who know about cars and obught it for £5000 off a chap who's name i could not pronounce.

dodgy dodgy dodgy!!!

Last edited:
  Stagecoach Ticket
still alot of car for 5k even if it has been shunted

CAT D is not that bad as long as the repairs have been done to a high standard and the documentation before and after is in check. But if he brought it not knowing it had been smacked twice iam guess its not there and its been coverd over.

will not be worth huge amounts less than a standard CAT D but will be very had to sell due to how much fear the word "write off" puts into buyers

is a bad buy but mayswell make the most of it now fun car to drive

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FLOL!! I'd buy it for a grand just to break it, but its not worth any more.

Christ alive, Cat D twice!! LOL!!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its worth buying if your going to keep it until its dead and the price is good imo

Honda & VW
well its not in the best of conditions as the rear bumper is not fitting 100% however it drives well and only has 36k on the clock (2006 cup model).
on face value it looks a good amount of car even at £5k but i totally understand its value due to the damage its had.

i thought about buying at one point but would want it dirt cheap which he wouldn't want to sell me it for

Black Clio GT
might be worth hpi checking it himself, never know may have been logged twice (admin error)
cat d wouldnt bother me if it came with a report to say its all fine and i could get it checked myself....

awesome to make into a track car either way :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
To be honest for 5k he's got a good car aslong as he doesn't plan on selling it soon no harm done.

I wouldn't pay 5k for a 2x Cat D car. Like someone said if he keeps it then he's got a cheap car but if he's planning on changing soon then he'll struggle to sell.