ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

category

My car was involved in an accident. the insurers know about the damage but it was not declared as a write off but is still broken. the car has been declared as off the road with the dvla but how do i know if my car is a cat C or cat D. or is it neither. i'm confused basically

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Did the insurance company say it was repairable or have they written it off.

they didnt declare it a write off. (the driver who hit into me was uninsured so i'm claiming through the courts and insurance aint payin out) insurance asked me to get qoutes and they didnt declare it a write off

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
If its not been assesed by the insurance company and you're not claiming on your policy then its not going to be written off.

The term written off is when you or an authorised person makes a claim on the vehicle through the insurance company and upon inspection and assesment by their independant assesors a decision is made that the car is beyond 'economic repair' - i.e its going to cost more to repair than its worth, usually something like 70% of its value.