ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught Speeding

Hm well LOL. I think this is the last time I get invloved in a topic like this. Cerbera - I think we got cross posted there somewhere.

Anyway, all good things in moderation. 75mph in a 30 is just dicing with death and there are NO excuses IMHO. But people will always disagree...in this case they may agree when they are invloved in a car crash at 25mph with an oncoming car doing the same speed and die.

mines 137 (I.Q) and I was on about the advert showing a car doing 35 mph not 75,bloody obvious I would have thought?,hit him at 75 mph he would be in a diff time zone!

Im not having a dig at you Chris youve actually read what ive written and given thoughtful and reasoned responses and also seen the point i was making and realised i wasnt condoning what the guy has done.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Lol, the daftest part is Essex boy hasnt yet replied at all to confirm any details!

Loony, yeah I know bud, its all in good humour dont fret.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004 at 11:03pm]
Mines 148 btw (IQ) average of three tests.

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004 at 11:05pm]

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 13 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 13 December 2004

I dont do those sort of speeds anymore before you call me a hypocrite.

youve done those speeds so you ARE a hypocrite. youve grew out of them.. so will he

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I beg to differ. I may have been a hypocrite if I was still doing it now. People change. Like I say I was trying to make him see the error of his ways as Im sure he has.

JEEESUS! Theres some strong opinions here!!

I used to regularly drive 70-75 down a road I know. It was national speed limit, single carriageway so I was peeping over the limit. That road has since become a 30 limit. Does this make me as bad as the guy getting a roasting??? Or is is just because the law says it is a 30 it is suddenly more dangerous, etc.?

My point is we know nothing about this guy, the road, conditions, or basically anything at all. Where I agree 75 in a 30 sounds hideous a lot of you are assuming it is a built-up area or some other worse-case situation. I recently got done at 58 in a 30 and I feel embarassed about it but I will maintain I am not generally an irresponsible driver. In my case it was a rare, very brief burst off an island in perfect conditions with clear visibility in all directions, no cars, people etc. I could NOT have hit anyone ... still sounds bad though and I still had to pay for it.

I think we can probably all agree that breaking the speed limit is bad (I obviously include my own serious offence) but I think *some* of you arent being entirely true to yourselves if you are saying you have NEVER broken a limit fairly badly at least some point in your driving career.

Craig

[Edited by craig182 on 13 December 2004 at 11:29pm]

LOL ... I started typing that ages ago and then got called away. Looks like Ive missed the discussion now ... oh well ;-)

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I speed, i admit hands down but like they all said 75 in a 30 is just u being a c**t mate! Im sorry to put it like that but say u had children, and they was walking along and just come out of a side turning and some tw*t goes passed them at 75mph!!!!

Shock! I can understand the odd 40mph MAX! Only when u can see clealry around u and there is a very valid reason to speed! but anything diferant u deserve it!!!!

Sorry mate but has to be said

Well what does the numpty expect, in 30 zone & he more than doubles the legal limit.

BANNED, yawn:sick:

That will be the outcome whatever words of wisdom are uttered on this pointless thread.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 13 December 2004

I speed, i admit hands down but like they all said 75 in a 30 is just u being a c**t mate! Im sorry to put it like that but say u had children, and they was walking along and just come out of a side turning and some tw*t goes passed them at 75mph!!!!

Shock! I can understand the odd 40mph MAX! Only when u can see clealry around u and there is a very valid reason to speed! but anything diferant u deserve it!!!!

newms, you know i love you .. and i know i love your daddiesboyness. but you dunno the conditions.. the road... the time of day nothing at all. callin a bloke a c**t cus he got caught speeding, like EVERYONE on this forum does, is uncalled for :S

love ya :D x

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 13 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Little Newms on 13 December 2004

newms, you know i love you .. and i know i love your daddiesboyness. but you dunno the conditions.. the road... the time of day nothing at all. callin a bloke a c**t cus he got caught speeding, like EVERYONE on this forum does, is uncalled for :S

love ya :D x
I agree mate but im just very strong on this subjest, i know a mate who was once knocked down by a speeding car..... Lived to tell the tale but still! Could have been a lot worse!

I think this was a wind up from the start.
The guy hasnt even been back on to tell his side.
Hes prob sat at home reading all these posts p1ssing himself.

don't

lol at this thread, what a joke some ppls replies are, sl*gging him off when they later admit they speed themselves lol total joke half of u lot

im sure essexboy knows that he was wrong just like we all do, hes come forward and admitted it and after this thread will know hes looked down on but to go ahead and sl*g him off claiming to be innocent when ur clearly not is a joke

75 is very fast and the road he was on is very long and very straight and very wide and well lit up!! to be honest on that road some1 would have to be a very fast runner and would have to hide behind a bin and then run out infront of him to get hit, im not defending him because its still a stupid speed but im just saying, think before u jump in because im sure uve all done 40 in a 30 for a start

drive safe, its getting very slippy on the roads, many around essex as it is, a clio was in the local paper today, upside down in braintree, an MR2 also upside down in colchester on saturday, take it easy

Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 13 December 2004

I think this was a wind up from the start.
Hes prob sat at home reading all these posts p1ssing himself.
starting to think the same now myself.....

Simon.

Question: if doing 40 and 75 in a 30 is equally bad, then why does the law differentiate between the 2? I mean, there must be a reason why they are entitled to take your licence away if youre doing more than 30 above the speed limit.

Iceburg 172FF

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 14 December 2004
Question:  if doing 40 and 75 in a 30 is equally bad, then why does the law differentiate between the 2?  I mean, there must be a reason why they are entitled to take your licence away if youre doing more than 30 above the speed limit.

So basically your saying that someone doing 31 in a 30 and someone doing 100+ in a 30 should get the same punishment? Come on use your head, 75 in a 30 the guy deserves to get the book thrown at him!

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 14 December 2004
Quote: Originally posted by chris182 on 13 December 2004I think this was a wind up from the start.
Hes prob sat at home reading all these posts p1ssing himself.[/QUOTE]starting to think the same now myself.....Simon.

And on it goes.
This guy has prob got the record number of replies, and hasnt even been back on yet.

wots happening in here...??

Did someone get caught speeding?

essex, how much you looking at selling the car for??

;)
(minus the reg plate)
[Edited by Kiev85 on 14 December 2004 at 1:28am]

Quote: Originally posted by 1.4Dynamique+ on 14 December 2004

Question: if doing 40 and 75 in a 30 is equally bad, then why does the law differentiate between the 2? I mean, there must be a reason why they are entitled to take your licence away if youre doing more than 30 above the speed limit.

So basically your saying that someone doing 31 in a 30 and someone doing 100+ in a 30 should get the same punishment? Come on use your head, 75 in a 30 the guy deserves to get the book thrown at him!
LOL No, no.... Im saying precisely the opposite!

Quote: Originally posted by 1.4Dynamique+ on 14 December 2004

Nobody has said that at all, merely that we are all guilty of breaking the speed limit and to quibble over the difference and call someone a C*nt just because of the margin he broke it by is hipocritical.

Quote: Originally posted by Essex Boy on 13 December 2004

Right i know it was stupid doin 75mph in a 30,

He said this. However you all read it as "i was doing 75 in a 30 the visibility was poor, parked cars either side of the road pissing rain not far from a school in mid afternoon and when the cops pulled me they found several dead children, fluffy animals, and old people stuck to the front of my car"

Nobody is saying he is right to travel at that speed nor arguing that he shouldnt be punished but it could have easily been 3am in the morning on a wide straight non residential road with good visibility, no pedestrians or cars in sight.

Quote: Originally posted by Essex Boy on 13 December 2004

Lexden Road in Colchester mate, shouldnt really be a 30 to be quite honest!
another Colchester lad??

bloody hell at one point i was the only one from Colchester pmsl!

oh dear :( pigs round here are really getting nasty lately someone i know has just been banned for doing 50 down Balkerne Hill (he got 6pts within 2 years) my suggestion is to be careful to you all!

Vix :)