ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caught speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your telling me if u speant over a 100k on a car, u wouldnt give it a little push every now and again, ur havign a laugh arent u.

maybe you should have gone to the police station and told them you were speeding, i no you didnt mean to and you were worried about your dad but if your speedign believes are so strong maybe you should, cos you wouldnt want peopel to think you were tryign to wriggle out of it.

Revels Mum & Sister

Quote: Originally posted by Jawnathan on 13 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 13 April 2004

To be fair

Even if your on a Motorway doing 80MPH. U aint going to stop in time anyway in the rain if you encounter a problem. And are as likely to Aquaplane at that speed.

U drive a 1.2 Clio. The brakes in that are far less superior to a Valver or for arguments sake NickyBs Brakes.

Jesus give the guy a break. He has held his hands up and admitted he was silly. But sh*t happens we are only human. except maybe for you. So you have never done anything dodgy be it a Traffic offense or other crime.

And u racing home to see if your dad was ok. practive what U preach mate. If not then dont get up on your high horse over someones mistake

I never said what I did was okay did I, I drove that fast through pure worry to get home and hardly even glanced at the speedo most of the way home. And I admit that I had no right to go above the speed limit like I did, but it was done on pure spur of the moment.

What has driving a 1.2 got to do with anything, I would drive the same way whether I drove a Ferrari or a 1970 mini, because the car has upgraded parts does not give someone the license to drive faster than the speed limit, you cant rely on the parts, thats like saying I dont need to wear a seatbelt because my car has an airbag.
Not at all. Totally different. All I am saying is a valver is safer at Higher Speeds than a 1.2 and a ferrari is safer than a valver or more stable if you will.

Im with kaedo on this one.

they teach you when learning to drive that in the rain your stopping distance can increase by upto 10x so brakes or no brakes its not safe.

good luck tom

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 13 April 2004

Have you seen my brakes... I can out brake you!
Nicky B, regardless of the capabilities of your car and your own driving competency (for arguments sake I am assuming its high:D) You cannot always take others into account, for example they may not be expecting you to travel at such speeds and therefore misjudge your speed. It has been proven that young people in particular have very high reaction times but very low perceptions of hazards which is why insurance is always higher for younger drivers.

OOOooooooooooooooook i dont want to get on the wrong side of anybody here, as im still a bit of a newbie :oops:

but seriously lads give this guy a break, he must be gutted that he got caught speeding, he knows he was wrong. and you gotto admit theres some of us who stick to the limit or just over like myself im still in probational period of liecence so i stick to 80-90max, then there are ppl like my dad who like to do 100+

All im saying is...... we could argue all nite bout what the speed limit should be, and what driving speed is safe etc but it wont get us anywhere because the law is the law. the guy tom, is looking for a bit of advice, and yes not to speed is good advice but ant helping him.

so far ive gathered mate the only thing u can be sure of is your gonno have to sit tight for 6 months :cry:

Quote: Originally posted by S2 PTH on 12 April 2004

mayb u shud carry a handgun... next time u get pulld mayb u can commit a real crime! lol friggin traffic pigs
that really happened at the end of my street on boxing day, traffic police stopped a guy and one of them was shot dead. think about what you write m8.

ill try guess the number YOU WILL ring if in mortal danger, now im just guessing, could it be 999 ?

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Quote: Originally posted by kingJimBob on 13 April 2004

OOOooooooooooooooook i dont want to get on the wrong side of anybody here, as im still a bit of a newbie

but seriously lads give this guy a break, he must be gutted that he got caught speeding, he knows he was wrong. and you gotto admit theres some of us who stick to the limit or just over like myself im still in probational period of liecence so i stick to 80-90max, then there are ppl like my dad who like to do 100+

All im saying is...... we could argue all nite bout what the speed limit should be, and what driving speed is safe etc but it wont get us anywhere because the law is the law. the guy tom, is looking for a bit of advice, and yes not to speed is good advice but ant helping him.

so far ive gathered mate the only thing u can be sure of is your gonno have to sit tight for 6 months

Cheers mate. Looks lke the waiting game has now started

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 13 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 13 April 2004

Have you seen my brakes... I can out brake you!
Nicky B, regardless of the capabilities of your car and your own driving competency (for arguments sake I am assuming its high:D) You cannot always take others into account, for example they may not be expecting you to travel at such speeds and therefore misjudge your speed. It has been proven that young people in particular have very high reaction times but very low perceptions of hazards which is why insurance is always higher for younger drivers.
I never drive at !20 if there is traffic or I feel it to be dangerous. I only have the one life and it wont survive high speed inpacts...

I was purely stating that some cars are better set up to stop than some lower spec ones...

At silly speed I know that reaction time will increase distance but from the point the pedal is pressed mine will slower considerably faster than a 1.2 on standard brakes. (I get my new calipers this week too, so will be even safer)

just got a second summons to court for another offence looks like im gonna get 6 points after all gotto retake

what a bummer

Quote: Originally posted by Liquid_ICE on 13 April 2004

U drive a 1.2 Clio. The brakes in that are far less superior to a Valver or for arguments sake NickyBs Brakes.
yes agreed, nicky will outbrake at 1.2 16v with his set-up, but a 1.2 16v uses a combination of R5 and 16v set-up (cant remember which way round) so in a car weighing less than a valver, i think the 1.2 16v would be 1st to stop