ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD changer cable

I know some people were looking for a Renault cd changer cable.

Ive just had a new changer fitted and asked the bloke to remove the cable for me, he said that it would have taken him a whole day and have to take the car apart to get it out coz it was wound in with all the other wires an stuff.

Anyhow, he recons that most newish Clios will have this cable fitted at the factory "just in case" a cd changer is ordered and has found this before when a Renault dear told a customer of his that hed have to buy one, the car already had one. :confused:

Load of lies my brother and me (complete mechanical numpties) wired the cable in under the carpet and behind the dash. Only took 10 minites at worse and thats with a load of head scratching You need to pull the carpet up and get someone with thin hands to pull the cable though (you could probably use a coat hanger though).

And they dont install the cable as standard unfortunatly and its £90 at a Reanault dealers.

If your mechanci cannot remove the cable then they need to have a go. I think there may be a cable tie used to stop rattling in offical installs but no need to say it canot be removed within more than a few minutes.#

If the installed cannot remove it then can I have a go:). At worse you may need to tape up the end of the cable to stop it catching but thats not huge problem.

Volvo S60 T5

Its easy to get out, took me about 20 mins to do, take the top of the dash off(instructions on club pages), then you can get to it, next thing is to pull back the nsf sill trim, that just clips off.

Easy as that really, then put it all back together

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

u dont need to take bugger all appart dude on the centre consol where it meets the carpet grab it and give it a good yank then pull the carpet down and spove ya arm it makin it into an arch theres already a hole in the carpet for the cable to got through so shuv the cable through from the bay to under the seat then put the carpet bk and clip the consol bk on then run the cable nice and close to the to the consol up over the main loom then run it towards the door and theres a nice bunch of wires now what u need to do is get the extra and make it tidy use black cable ties well thats wht i recomend remember to leave enough to run it bk to the stereo as u do this wind it round the main loom a few times and cable tie it now plug into the stereo and put it bk in and sortaaaayd your locked cocked and ready to rock

soz about the lengh of the post any questions or if u want help and dont live to far ill give ya a hand PM me if ya do