ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD Changer Cables

182 + Cup
Can anyone put me straight on this. I got a Renault/Alpine CD changer off eBay which came out of a Laguna. I got the cable to connect them from Matt at SRB. The two fit together but it does not work, although there is some power to the changer.

On the changer there are two rows of pins, and on one row the middle one is blank, whereas on the cable one of the end pins is blank.

Matt told me this morning that with the combination I have (Cabasse H/U, cable from Clio, changer from Laguna) will not work!?? I can understand if it's just the cable, but Matt says there isn't a cable available that will work and I need the changer from the Clio instead?

Can anyone dispute or confirm this?

Cheers
Clang

BMW M135i
If its an >05 182 as its got the cabasse hu then you'll need the matching changer from a >05 182, you can't mix and match unfortunately.
If it was the old tuner list hu it may have worked as they used them in all the pre 05 renaults.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
As bmh says . The 05 182 has the cabasse update headunit , the older headunits were tuner lists .You need the corresponding cable and changer for the newer cabasse headunit .

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The cables are about £85 from Renault , thats if they will sell em separate , 2 dealerships i spoke to wouldn't . The changer and cable package is around £300 , wtf :(

If you really want to stick with the Renault setup it would be cheaper to get a tunerlist headunit out of an older 172 to match up with your cable and changer

182 + Cup
I know, it's criminal.... I'm thinking sell the changer on eBay and buy the changer and cable together from a different source, as you say. I found a place that tell me they have them for about £100.