ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cd/dvd rw drive problems!

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Hi, just wonderin if there are any computer whizz's that could give me some advice, went to burn a bin/cue file using nero and it got stuck on 4% for like 10 mins so i aborted it chucked the disk and tried again this time it wouldn't read the disk. Now it wont read any type of disk just says no disk inserted tried champ man 06 which i know works cos i was on it last night and no joy wont play cd's or owt now, help!!! Tis doin mi head in:S

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Interesting, you powered the machine off and on again? Maybe the lens needs cleaning, do you smoke at the PC at all? I wouldn't worry m8, they are cheap as chips these days. I picked up a new pioneer 111 DVD recorder for £20 last week!

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Yeah tried restarting then when that didn't work left it off for 10 mins i've put a lens cleaning disk through it. sometimes smoke yeah why? would it affect it? prob worth just buying a new one then. Cheers for the advice.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
My uncle smokes next to the puter a lot and he goes through DVD drives fairly quickly! The tar and dust build up on the lens and it stops working. You might get it working again if you take it out and clean the lens with some meths or something.