ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD player cut out today :S

'99 Megane Coupe
Hi guys, when I was driving home today I had my music on pretty much full blast with the bass turned up, and the music started to crackle and cut out a little bit, next thing the radio dies for about 30 secs before switching on again.

Details : I dont have a sub but I do have hi-fi speakers wired up in the boot (lol i know :p )
I was sitting in the car with the engine off and music on for about 2 hours, turning the car on every 15 mins roughly
It was after about 15 mins of driving this happened, I may have smelled a slight burning but only about 20% confident i did...
The radio resumed normal function after this happened but still crackles slightly on heavier bassy songs...

Any ideas what could have caused this? I expect it was the car turning the radio off to stop the battery from dying but I am not sure...

Any ideas and/or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

-C

a stereo isnt designed to be played at full volume-the burning will be it trying to perform at beyond its capabilities, your speakers in the boot how are they wired

'99 Megane Coupe
I do not have an amp no, and as for the wiring in the boot they are wired up to the speakers in the rear passenger doors using a high quality audio wire, so basically 4 speakers wired to the rear output

that'll be why, your overloading the headunit and speakers, they will be permanently f**ked now, normally the speakers go rather than the headunit

You said its crackling on bass. Disconnect the speakers from the rears or you'll have a new thread on here soon with "my speakers don't work"

'99 Megane Coupe
only at high volume and can anyone provide a solution please? Will an amp for the rear speakers fix this problem from occurring again ?? Thanks in advance