ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CD track changing roller switch not working properly on steering stalk controls.

ClioSport 172 Cup
On the back of my steering stalk there is a dial wheel that you can turn, but it doesn`t seem to be working properly. You turn it both ways and you have to turn it about 4 times before it switches tracks up or down on the CD I am listening to and its really annoying. This has happened ever since I had the cowel removed from my steering column, I think my mechanic was a bit rough with the stalk when trying to take the cowel all off. I`ve taken the stalk apart and had a look inside it but can`t see anything that could be damaged. When you turn the dial it turns this little copper wheel inside that looks like it makes contact with the circuitry, I was wondering whether something might have been bent, unless it just needs cleaning. I noticed there is a stalk maintenance manual on here for the MK2 PH1, but not the PH2 which I have!

Thanks,

Samuel :)