ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

centeral locking playing around

r26 , 182
As the title states my centeral lockin on my clio in playing up , like it has a mind of its own .It first started when i got my car a few months back , the centeral locking wont always work , so i thought it could of been the battery in the key . so i changed it . and it went on but the problem is still happening. :S

Has this happend to any one else before , if so what should i do .

DCi 100
Stick abit more info up dude, is it plainly just not locking when pressing the keyfob or? Will it work etc from inside the car?

r26 , 182
Sorry mate, if its playin about it wont work inside the car either,
the light on the key is flashin , indicating i am pressin the buttton but thers nottin happenin.

when it does happen the signal is rubbish aswell have to be standing basically ontop of the car,

when its messin aroud it wont lock. no indicators flashing, no clicking noises, nottin, sumtimes have to start the car, move it forward a bit then back and works. Wierd but its startin to wind me up.

Clio Si 1.6 99'
Bump!
Hey did you manage to get a solution in the end?

Iv got a big problem with mine too and its suddenly stopped locking the car altogether, i get the fob light flashing but thats it! Don't know if pressing it a million times has un coded the key or not :s

Also, i just bought a new keyfob, neither my old fob or the new one has a positive contact for the batteries!? I woulda thought they'd install both terminal contacts for the batteries!

Old Keyfob!
2010-10-20_20-42-21_54_Dundee.jpg

i used copper tracking to make a wee negative contact

New Keyfob!
2010-10-20_20-41-00_838_Dundee.jpg

The new one doesnt even have a negative contact! Are these even made to work!?

Last edited: