ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central Locking

I have a Mk1 91 1.2RN Clio and was wondering if Anyone knows how i could get central locking on this. As Im nt sure on how to. As i dnt no if my car has the central locking loops in the car doors.

If you can help. Thank you so much

Not a Clio

the back of the motorworld cataloge used to have the central locking kits in. Think they were universal.

I was thinking of doing this to my 1.2 clio before it got smashed.

Will need the door locks, the whoel thing with the motors in them, the control unit, the IR reciever and sender, and the switch for the central console.

From memory the loms int he doors etc are the same, so it a case of taking the old manual bits out and putting the new ones in and plugging them in, will also need to motor for the boot

Cheers for that ill get striaght on to that. I was ordering the central locking motors frm a renault dealership whiich are £10 a motor. Ill ask if they hav any of the over items needed

you dont need door locks for central locking!. all you need is the central locking door catch, the door loom and plug a relay in the fuse box.

^that is not remote central locking btw

[Edited by Clio1.2 on 19 December 2004 at 4:19pm]