ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Centre display

Clio 172 (CUP)
Simple question, does the display still function without the radio head unit installed? Just noticed last night that it's dead.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, my display shows time and temperature and now says "RENAULT" on the left hand side because it no longer has any information (track number, radio station etc) to read.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
The "RENAULT" will be generated by an aftermarket steering wheel control adaptor.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Anyone point me in the right direction before I attempt to remove the upper dash (with roll cage in so not looking forward to it). Situation:

- all main dash display lights on and working.
- interior roof light working
- central locking and heater button backlights working
- NO heater/fan dial backlight (I assume there is meant to be)
- NO centre console display backlight but the display is working.
- have checked the fuses, all OK
- have checked internal connectors on passenger side connected properly, OK

...Any ideas, or is it simply the bulbs that are shot, but all at the same time???

Thanks

Mx5
Oh I had this problem with my clock same as yours no backlight wasn't the bulbs or fuses and the radio didn't work after I did the dash swap

Mx5
I managed to fix it I had disconnected one of the earths or shorted one of the wires for the dash I imagine if you've got a roll cage going through it that might have done the same

Clio 172 (CUP)
I managed to fix it I had disconnected one of the earths or shorted one of the wires for the dash I imagine if you've got a roll cage going through it that might have done the same
I've got a dash Dover, but the dash did get swapped out any way. Time to get the multimeter out and check against the pin out diagram. Thanks for clarifying

Clio 172 (CUP)
I've got a dash Dover, but the dash did get swapped out any way. Time to get the multimeter out and check against the pin out diagram. Thanks for clarifying
"Dash Dover" ....lol, bloody auto correct, "Dash dodger"