ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ceramic sealants...talk to me!

Titanium 182
Right my car was detailed back in Feb and I have only ever used Zaino to top it up, so Z2/Z3/Z5/Z6/Z7/Z8.

However I've been looking to into Ceramic sealants with the likes off C1+, EXO and Ceramishield.

So few questions:

1) Is it worth adding the sealant then topping it up with Zaino
2) Is it worth it doing even though I use Zaino
3) I ran out of things to ask:p

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Exo isn't a ceramic coating mate but I see where you're coming from. Personally i'd discount the new C1+, it needs other products to make it work well. Although in saying that C1+ is a good base but quite fussy.

If I was to recommend any at the moment it would be Cquartz/Cquartz UK. The UK version is much easier to work with but performs superbly. I can put you in touch with the UK supplier and mention my name to him for you. There isn't anything he doesn't know about Cquartz.

I believe it's still the best on the market at the moment having not tried the new 22PLE Glasscoat but there is a massive difference in price and application.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No imo. The water behavior can't touch Ceramic sealants. They are boring because you don't actually have to do anything except wash the car.

To be fair mate you can do as you wish. The strong swirl resistant (to a point) will still be a great base underneath and glazes/waxes/sealants. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you really need to do everything perfect mate. Email the companies in question and research them. Application and prep is absolute key.

Polishing then car-pro eraser ipa etc then apply, nothing else needed.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Exo isn't a ceramic coating mate but I see where you're coming from. Personally i'd discount the new C1+, it needs other products to make it work well. Although in saying that C1+ is a good base but quite fussy.

If I was to recommend any at the moment it would be Cquartz/Cquartz UK. The UK version is much easier to work with but performs superbly. I can put you in touch with the UK supplier and mention my name to him for you. There isn't anything he doesn't know about Cquartz.

I believe it's still the best on the market at the moment having not tried the new 22PLE Glasscoat but there is a massive difference in price and application.

This. Exo is good but theirs a lot of BS hype around it and as said isn't a ceramic. Cquartz is now what I offer my customers as an upgrade from a traditiotional sealant, it's a nice product at a good price minus the bs!

chris
Detailme

ITB BG 182
A few of the lads on here (i assume JD, Russ and Gally are lads :s ) recommended me some of the CQuartz stuff an i followed their advice, a simple jetwash gets rid of most of the stuff, use a good snowfoam or cirtus wash and its practially clean again.

Im just letting my car build up 3 months of dirt before hitting it with the JW and see how it comes up, i will post my results on here later too...

Clio 182, Astra Sri
How many ml's are you guys using per car?

Wondering wether I can make their 10ml stretch lol. It's too late for my own car now cos I did it today, but might give it a go at some point