ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CG: Speed Wipe or Synthetic Detailer?

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hey guys
I have a few different Quick detailer sprays, was thinking of adding another one to try out for removing light dust etc. I was very interested in the anti static properties of the chemical guys QD's. If anybody in the knowing who has used a few of them could recommend one that would be good.

Also, do you know which "Glaze" will be closest to Megs #7 in the chemical guys range.

Thanks!

Thomas :D

106 GTi
I have both the Speed Wipe or Synthetic Detailer.

The Synthetic Detailer is more of a true QD spray, easy to use on black even in sunlight and the anti staic properties work well, my car stayed cleanish all the way to the FCS with it as a top layer.

The Speed Wipe contains wax, so leaves a slighty different surface feel and its a little harder to use, in sunlight it tends to streak a touch and take a wipe or two at times even when just sprayed onto the towel and used like that. If find the Synthetic Detailer better for light dust removal in that respect as you can give each panel a decent spritz. The Speed Wipes Anti Static Properites seem good too tho.

For me at the moment I use the Synthetic Detailer after applying a coat of wax, between layers of sealnat and use the Speed Wipe after washing when I have no time to stick on a coat of carnuba.

Most QDing jobs I use Megs Last Touch as it is cheap.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Thanks Rich I was thinking of getting some Megs last touch from C&S when they get it back in stock.
So maybe Speed wipe is more like OCW as I have a bottle of this.

By the sounds of it Synthetic Detailer is what I want.

Thanks Rich.

106 GTi
OCW is a proper a spray sealant, CG have something akin to this I believe.

Speed Wipe is more like a Carnuba based QD, like Sonus Carnuba Spritz or Pinnacle Cyrstal Mist. They will top up and add to the finish, there is no way they will give months protection like OCW.

I have 1 layer of OCW on my daily drive 306 which is still beading and was applied last in last April/May!

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Yes OCW is great for that, I put it on my wifes 206 a while ago and again it's working very well. So quick to use too.

This what I am thinking, Wash, try the #7 glaze seal with #21 top with P21s maybe also Nattys blue, and then something to keep the dust down a little.

Synthetic Detailer should be the one then?

Thomas

106 GTi
Over that combo either Synthetic Detailer or Speed Wipe Will be fine and give some Anti Stactic properties. If I had to pick one it would be the Synthetic Detailer I guess just for it's slightly easier to use nature and fact it can be used on both waxes and between coats of Sealants.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
David, went to order on the site and forgot no cards :(
You planning on accepting cards in the near future on the site?

Cheers, Thomas

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Hmmm really want a few bits nothing crazy, but my paypal is not set up to come from my bank, and cheq is soooo old school. Not sure I even have one.

would be great if you did dude! That's why I putchased some bits from cleanyourcar last night as I could whack it on my debit card.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Aaaaaarh, finaly got round to ordering some of this stuff, went with the 32oz Synthetic Detailer on the October free delivery deal :D

Moved house over the last few weeks which been a total nightmare :(

106 GTi
Comes supplied sealed with a cap as in the pics, but the sprayers included aswell. Plus they are decent ones too.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Great stuff, Thanks Rich.
I've got a few APC bottles on the way from C&S Too,
one for the 4/1 mix and the other for 10/1 complete with the 2X spray heads :D